icon

what do you think of this set up?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
damn it uthinkuknoaudio. i dont have any money for that kinda stuff. and i have never worked with e-bay before though, AND i dont have a credit card # either, so thats out of the Q.
calvin i have known for a long time now, and he would not jip me out a deck or an amp or any speakers, and i think that goes for everyone out there as well. (in regina). he knows what he's doin. i reccommend him to anyone in regina. (that is if they dont know him already) but ya. thats my 2cents! :P
xTimx
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, but your friend ripped you off. I agree with what was said above, no kenwood hu is worth $399. And by the way, you don't need a credit card for ebay. Try money orders or personal cheques! I pay with them all the time and ebay is very efficient with their products. It shouldn't be out of the question. I'd sell that thing and get what you can for it and buy the nak, which his $150 less and 50 times better. Sorry if you find this bad, but it is the honest truth. And that is my 2cents. :P
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
Ok like said above just because someone has been in business 10 years dosn't mean they will have the best recomendaations in the city. Personally I wouldn't spend $400 on a kenwood deck when you could get a headunit by another brand that is just as good and get better amps or speakers instead. Maybe something like the Eclipse 3424, 3434, or Alpine CDA-9830. Any of these should blow the Kenmore deck away.
Nat_87 
Copper - Posts: 34
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  

Nice set up, all i have to say is buy a alarm before you have anything installed. if you wonder y that is just look thru the other forums for other peps experiences aye.  But thats just my oppinion.

~* Cheer Nat *~
Pioneer DEH-7650MP
Pioneer TS-C160R
Pioneer TS-A6990S
Pioneer GM-6000F 4ch Amp
Audiobahn AW120T 12" Sub
Pioneer GM-D510M Mono Amp
AERPRO 1F Capacitor
heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2004 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
Looks fine; however, you did overpay for the kenwood (by at least 100$).  If your happy with it just go on, no regrets : )    Kenwoods not crap, its middle of the road like so many other head units and in a blind listening session I'd bet next-to no one could tell the difference from it and a more prestigious name brand.
What will you get for Christmas, bad boy? Coal........or Visonik?? - stevdart
Wow, is everyone clueless and lost in the dark? - uthinkuknoaudio
Caraudiorich 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2004 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
Wat I think? I think that this will be an okay stereo when its done. Also to everybody, He did not overpay for his HU, Since it has a CANADIAN M.S.R.P. of $479.99, No, it is obviously not a top of the line piece, but it will work, right? MB Quart is susposed to be a good quality product, I don't really know MB, however I would have strongly chosen components rather than coaxial. I also don't know the Planet Audio lineup. But the amps that you have chosen compare equaly to the demands of the speakers that you have selected. The subwoofers shouldn't be bad, they are about middle of the MA audio subwoofer series. For the wiring, Stinger really doesn't mean anything, as many popular companies carry a wide range of products from beginner to High quality. etc. Another thing is that I notice that this is a budget install, where you had to spend within your limits. Obviously if you had more money you would have purchased a better Head Unit, Speakers, and amps, etc. Oh ya, Good point Nat_87, you should really concider purchasing a quality alarm of some sort aswell. The cost of this install is already equal to or greater than the the value of the vehicle its going into. Many of these posters are Serious audiophiles whos stereos are way better than yours but also cost more aswell, so don't feel bad at all. Everybody starts off somewhere and works their way up. Oh ya, have fun with your new stereo. Thats wat I'm thinking.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2004 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
Dude, i live in the us but i know canadian currency very well. He still spent about $300 american and more with tax, when he could have gotten a much better head unit for less.
Nat_87 
Copper - Posts: 34
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2004 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  

Well really wen it all simmers down, does it play in the formats of files that he wants, does it have the features that were sufficient for him and does he like what he got. It really doesnt matter if you think he got ripped or got a crap h.u. if he is happy then thats all that matters, and yes there is always something bigger and better out there. It really just depends on your own preferences on brands etc etc. So yea, just mi thoughts anyways...

~* Cheer Nat *~
Pioneer DEH-7650MP
Pioneer TS-C160R
Pioneer TS-A6990S
Pioneer GM-6000F 4ch Amp
Audiobahn AW120T 12" Sub
Pioneer GM-D510M Mono Amp
AERPRO 1F Capacitor
dedlyjedly 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2004 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  

given, the kenwood in question is only a mid-level unit.   but units in the kenwood excelon line will rival almost anything out there!  yep, check out the burrbrown 24 bit dac's, the 5v/80 ohm preouts, etc...

certainly the nak is a fine sound quality unit although not "top-of-the-line".  ive owned several of the finest sounding head units out there, i.e. sony cdx-c90, denon dcr-950.  the '04 kenwood excelons do very well when compared with these sq legends, and do it with a phenomenal feature set and equalization.

with the nak you might as well be using a god forsaken blaupunkt as far as ergonomics, cosmetics and feature set!

MECP certified, 5yrs experience, you probably otta listen bitch!!
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2004 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
Name one head unit that can stand up to a CD-700ii by nakamichi... oh yeah, no such head unit exists!
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic