Boa DIY remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
meltingplastic 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys,
so i baught one of those cheap ass diy remote starts from bestbuy.. its just the remote start and thats it.. so everythings hooked up correctly everything meters our plus i used direct wire so i know the wires are correct even though i metered them out.. now my problem is getting the unit to recognize the remote.. it says u have to program it each time the battery is pulled... so i've attempted to program the unit like 10 times with nothing.. the instructions are pull the 2 30 amp fuses from the constant wires.. reconnect the battery(for this i just pull and reconnect the ground on the unit)... put the car in run.. after 5 seconds.. hold down the prog button on the remote and wait for the parking lights to flash.. well i have yet to have the lights flash(not hooked up.. relayed and hooked to the meter cause its - unit pos lights) i've held the unit for over a minute each time and nothing.. i know the relay is wire correctly so i know its not that.. just the unit doesnt wanna seem to learn the remote.. anyone have any problems like this with this unit if they've installed one.. i'm not too concerned right now enough to call up boa since they offer tech support but was just wondering if anyone has had this problem before...
ps car is a 97 blazer
-Mike
Driving a Bagged, Caddied 02 s10
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
What is confussing me is. You say "hold down the prog button on the REMOTE" dont you mean prog button on the alarm, the valet button.
meltingplastic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
nope.. theres no valet switch or led.. its weird.. u need to hold the prog button on the remote...
swamprat323 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
Can you get any remote program. check to see that the antenna is not shorted to ground or something. Are the battiers good in the remotes.
meltingplastic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  
theres only 1 remote for the unit.. the antenna is covered so it cant ground from what i can tell.. the remotes led flashes when i hit buttons so im gonna say it works.. idk.. for $35 i guess i should expect this...
meltingplastic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
well idk if it was the break for turkey but i went back outside and retried the programming and it works now.. no idea what was wrong with it... might of just not been able to sync on the other tries but its all good.. i would recommend this unit for anyone who has a winter beater and wants a cheap remote start!
swamprat323 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
Good to here you got it working, waht a pain though, i would get a back up battery for it though so dont have to go through that again.
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2004 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
i did one of those myself in a winter beater and came across the same problem. It took about 10 to 15 tries but it did finally program for me. my range is awful. whats yours like?
meltingplastic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
not bad at all.. able to do it from my room thats all i care about
colombianitoxp 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2004 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
Damn man, i'm having the same problem programing the remote to the cpu, i was able to get my headlights to blink twice while i was programming it but then when i tried to re start wit the remote, the lights didn't blink and it didn't do anything, you figure anything else out??
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic