icon

need help picking a nice sub and amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Strizzy23 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
i have a suburban i got 2 h u im going to either use one or the othere i got the deh-p960mp and the avx-p7300dvd with the axm p8000r brain im want to get maybe 2 12s or 1 15 what you guys think i got 600 to spend and i can buld boxes so thats not a issue and i need a good amp for now to
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  

If i were to go with a single 15 with either the RE SX, RE XXX, or Adire Brahma....any one of those subs will perform clean and extremely loud..I would put the RE XXX over all of them as far as both SQ and SPL goes.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Strizzy23 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  

what amp should i run for the 15 ?

/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2004 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
make sure you have ample wiring setup
0awg is what i would suggest for a sub like that (but i could be wrong), so dont forget to factor that in, i dont know prices on anything but the power will be needed, so make sure you know the wiring, and can afford it.
as for keeping that thing fed for power, because i've really liked the power i've got from my Soundstream i will suggest:
Soundstream Human Reign. i know its a 2channel amp, bridged it outputs 1600, which would work. im going to assume its an A/B amp because i dont know too many class D 2 channel+ amps. so the power draw may be more than you want for a daily driver if your running all stock parts (could be wrong, again)
i could suggest other brands but they are well above the 600$ range, and probably so with the SS HR suggestion.
you dont necessarly need 1600 watts, but if yur going for it its your call :-). didnt help a whole lot but GL.
audiobass10 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged  

/R7 wrote:
make sure you have ample wiring setup
0awg is what i would suggest for a sub like that (but i could be wrong), so dont forget to factor that in

The guage wire you choose is soley based on how much power you'll be running..first you need to choose you're amplifier....The RX subs i mentioned have a power handling of 1000wrms but they could take significantly more or less all day long. If you're going to go with a XXX then feed it some power because they love it!....If you didn't want to get crazy on money then I would suggest getting a Brahma 12..i think they're like $370ish..and then run it off a JBL 600.1...like $150 off www.sounddomain.com . Give us more of an idea of what you want and myself and others will pick an amp to match up.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
audiobass10 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 6:43 AM / IP Logged  
edit RE subs**
Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Strizzy23 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  

thanks guys for the help

i had a lot of systems in the past now i finally got my truck the way i want it im going to put some bass in it. i used most of all the 10in and 12s and now this truck has some space i wanna try a 15 or even a 18 lol i just want some hard hitting bass the box and the wiring i need i know all about that i been installing for about 4 years now. you know when you work at a shop they only want you to use what they sell i dont like that so im on my own now so i need some good sounds bass

thanks dave

/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged  
just curious, if your trucks cab is smaller than an average car cab size, do you really need a 15 to give you the hit your looking for?
i thought with a smaller cabin size, the 'less'(sub size/power) you need for what you would need in say something like an old galaxy or bigger.
however, my friend ran a 15" in his old ford ranger for some time and that thing was heavy, you were engulf'd in bass. and another friend ran a 10" in his truck, and this thing hit even harder but was a sh*t load cleaner too. just a matter of what you want, if a 15" excites you'll we'll help you find an appropriate setup :-)
Strizzy23 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
its a suv not a truck with a bed its enclosed

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic