the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

3 negative pulses from single wire?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jc9995 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
my remotes are the factory kelyess entry remotes. Hitting the lock button only produces a slightly higher voltage than hitting the unlock button. Same wire, just depends on how much resistance is between the wire and the ground. The door lock module reads the different resistance and preforms a lock or unlock accordingly.
jc9995 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  

Maybe I am confusing people.

I have a factory keyless entry system. I purchased a remote starter that integrates with a factory keyless entry system. untilizing your factory remotes, and installing the remote starter properly, the starter sees 3 pulses from the door lock wire(pressing the remote lock button 3 times) then starts the remote start sequence. The remote starter did not come with remotes. I need to send it a negative signal 3 times in order for it to work. Since I dont know how to GET a signal from a single wire lock system, thats where my problem is.

jc9995 
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
I will paypal first person that can help me out. Thanks guys!!!!!
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
once you hook up the door locks, just press it three times.....the voltage that will travel through the wire will see the resistor and will only allow the amount of power to go through in order for it to be a lock pulse....
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
johnmax 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
Why dont you just use a relay to switch the unlock or lock motor wire from a positive into a negative and use that for your input? Then you just need to hit lock or unlock on your factory remote 2x or 3x.
tom small 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  

i think he's installing an add on starter to the factory keyless.  if this is the case, you are looking for the lock motor wire which directly feeds the actuator.

regardless of how the switch works (multiplex, databus, etc...) the actuator requires +12volts to operate.

if your add on starter only accepts a negative input, use a relay to invert the polarity of the lock motor wire.

press lock 3x on your factory remote - done

johnmax 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
Hmmm... sounds like what I said. You're trying to get that Paypal $$$ he's gonna send me3 negative pulses from single wire? - Page 2 -- posted image.
tom small 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  

i was so amazed that nobody could figure out what this guy needed that i just had to throw an answer out.

p.s. my advice comes free!

jc9995 
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks guys for all your help. In the end I did get the info I needed, along with the exact location and color of the wire. AUEX was the first one with the info I needed, and has graciously asked that the money I was going to send to him be donated to this site instead.

Thanks again for all your help.... I'm sure it wont be the last :)

fortisi876 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2004 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  

jc9995 wrote:
The problem is I dont know how to get the negative pulse from the single wire door lock system.

Well, thats cuz crimestopper sux when it comes to their tech department....Ive been having some problems with my install as well and they suck!

Anyhow I think this diagram I pulled off another site might help but Id dbl check with one of the pro's here first3 negative pulses from single wire? - Page 2 -- posted image.......gdluck!

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic