icon

2005 F350 Superduty Start?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
speedracertjl 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, I have an '05 F350 superduty to do...Is it the same as an 04? Also..i have seen a few post about the lack of a tach wire, and a sensitive "wait to start" wire? any thoughts? also read something about having to wake up the GEM or BCM module? any help would be great.Tom
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
No usable tach, no wait to start wire.
Transponder for 05
no wakeup needed though.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
speedracertjl 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
so i dont have to hook up a "wait to start" wire? or do i need a module? if so which one? sorry..ive only done one other diesel.
f350r 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  

I am very new to this as well.  Your 05 should have the same wires as my 04 that I am having problems with.  You won't find a wait to start wire it's bussed into the dash assembly.  The Tach wire should be behind the fuse box next to the parking brake in the bundle of dead ended wires, it's Lg/Wh.  I looked it up last night on Ford shop DVD to double check it as I am having problems with this wire not being a tach source, it has 12V on it in my truck.  I have received from many different sources that this is the correct wire for a tach signal and hte DVD verifies it as well page 26-11.  The Lg/wh wire goes to the PCM under the left battery cover connector c1381a and is still Lg/Wh at that point I am not sure which of the three connectors is c1381a yet as it rather cold this mornign (-2) so I haven't looked into it yet.  I want to test mine at the PCM to see if it is a tach signal there, if not I will have to tap into one of the injector wires and use that as a tach signal.  As for wait to start my crimestopper has programed time delays before cranking.  I tried to use the tachless mode but it doesn't crank long enough to start and increasing the crank time doesn't seem to be an option on the crimestopper.  I saved the PDF page if your interested I can send it to you.

Another thing that seems wrong with mine is that it only tries to start oen time and never tries the second or third time, anyone have any ideas on that problem?  I checked the ground and moved it from the original location to whre the factory grounds are but that didn't help.

speedracertjl 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for your input...as for why it isnt trying to start again? my guess is that it doesnt know whether to try to start again because you havent hooked up the tach wire and you said the tachless mode doesnt work..and i believe thats how the system knows whether to try again.If you get yours working OK let me know what you found, and if i find anything else out ill be sure to post it.
f350r 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
Here is some information that I gathered from  https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/   "The CTO (Clean Tach Out) Lg/Wh wire appears 12 volts on a voltmeter, but if you use an oscilloscope, the wave is shown going to ground four times (V8 engine) or five times (V10 engine) the engine rpm."  I have it working now, the remote may also have been still programed for tachless sense which would also fight against getting it work off of the tach wire.
speedracertjl 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
cool..thanks...what about the "wait to start" no word on that huh?
audifive 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
directed makes a 528T wait to start timer adjustable from 0-90 seconds.  they are around $20.  no need to look for or splice into a wait to start wire.
f350r 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
With the crimestopper I can program 0, 10, 20, or 30 seconds for a wait to start delayed time.
speedracertjl 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
is there even a way to hook up the "glow plug" wire...I have a Comfort Start from Omega that doesnt have a delay time..and my install is tomorrow morning..and i dont have the 528T to use?thanks for all the help guys
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic