the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Esoteric cables

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 15, 2004 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged  

Ravendarat wrote:
That Holiday Inn Express line is absolutly money.

I agree.  That did make me laugh. Esoteric cables - Page 6 - Last Post -- posted image.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Wiseguy 
Copper - Posts: 159
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2004 at 2:07 AM / IP Logged  

i find it so hilarious how things turn into such a pissing contest...  i mean we are talk about freakin wire here

if you want my opinion even though u guys might not... the concept of audiophile wire means nothing to me, its all nonsense, i really think its more of a ego thing - "my wire costs more than yours ha ha" blah blah blah its rediculous

i still think copper wire is freakin copper wire

i had a talk with my father about this subject of copper wire and he reminded me that a few years ago, an lab experiment was conducted on blindfolded subjects to see if they could tell the difference between 'regular copper wire' and 'audiophile copper wire' as well as other wire and from what i hear the results were that the people could not. tell the difference... if i can find the article ill be sure to post it.

Clarion DXZ745MP
Kove ZX504
Kove AG1400
Kove 12" T3 Armageddon
Kove 6.5" Compaxials
WILDER 6.5" Pro-Audio Drivers
Custom Pre-amp
Wiseguy 
Copper - Posts: 159
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2004 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
In the last year, Lewis Lipnick has tested high-end audio cables from 28 manufacturers. As a professional musician with the National Symphony Orchestra and as an audio consultant, he counts on his exacting ear to tell him if changing cables affects the accuracy of the sound from his $25,000 Krell amplifiers.

His personal choice is a pair of speaker wires that cost $13,000. "Anyone would have to have cloth ears not to tell the difference between cables," he said.

"In my professional opinion that's baloney," said Alan P. Kefauver, a classically trained musician and director of the Recording Arts and Sciences program at the Peabody Institute of Johns Hopkins University. "Has the wire been cryogenically frozen? Is it flat or round? It makes no difference, unless it makes you feel better." His choice for speaker wire? Good-quality 16-gauge zip wire.

http://www.nytimes.com/library/tech/99/12/circuits/articles/23down.html

Not the exact article but my thoughts exactly....

Clarion DXZ745MP
Kove ZX504
Kove AG1400
Kove 12" T3 Armageddon
Kove 6.5" Compaxials
WILDER 6.5" Pro-Audio Drivers
Custom Pre-amp
04mdx4sq 
Copper - Posts: 111
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2004 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, I'm just going to hope the Holiday Inn Express line wasn't a crack at me, but if it was, oh well. I may be a nebie to this forum, but I have been into AV for quite a while. It does however disgust me that someone took that crack at DYohn. Even though we are on opposite sides of this debate, he is obviously very well educated and brings a lot to this forum. I wish I had someone like him to guide me in my earlier days of learning. Take advantage of what he brings to you, don't slam it.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 15, 2004 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
I'm sure I can speak for audiocableguy in saying that the comment was not directed toward you, but at the offending party...and if not that specific, just as general humor.  You brought an opinion to the table that led to some spirited debate.  That is quite welcome on this forum.
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2004 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
i understand that everyone wants to put 2cents in for the comment the guy left for dyohn, which i agree was uncalled for or there wasnt enough humor sprinkled on his post to make it clear to the genereal public that he was infact just trying to make a laugh.
but to continue on to a new page with "Hey! watch you potty mouth!" posts, is rediculous, everyone including my mom upstairs, knows that dyohn is a respectable and intellegent guy, infact if i wasnt so dumb im sure i could spell both those words using PHD (;-)). lets not forget the topic at hand though, and although 1 guy comes in throwing BS like he grew up on a farm, does not mean everyones got to jump into the pile of cow crap and start throwing some themselves. its a waste of time, and in 2 days time, whos going to remember all this (no need to get smart here -_-).
Dyohn took the post like i figured he would have, and things should have ended there.
Anyways back to which cable is better. i got my cables in super-shiny gloss. The reflection off of the super shiny coated rubber actually gives the sound definition depth and a slight picaso-unique quality. when i drive my car all road noise is eliminated. i want to use my walmart cables in every car i build from now on.
BTW i was getting at. once you put your cables into your car, and begin driving... can you explain the difference in sound to me? (directed towards anyone who thinks one cable is better than the other)
Page of 6

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic