icon

Phoenix Gold mono Amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wayland1985 
Silver - Posts: 353
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2004 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
Does anybody know which of the new Phoenix Gold amplifiers are the Higher Quality versions?  Octane-R or Xenon?
Also, do these new Phoenix Gold amps compare to the older Titanium series???
~wayland
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2004 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
Xenon are the higher end of those 2
Xenon has 'new features' but i would choose a Ti personally.
wayland1985 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2004 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
The Titaniums are too hard to find brand new... 
~wayland
/r7 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2004 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
i was just answering your second question, i wasnt including availability as a factor.
but you are right they are harder. if you can find a retailer that offers phoenix gold, i would bet they could special order one in for you, if your really that hard up for one
/r7 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2004 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.koby-international.com/Products/Product.asp?sel=50,15
what i did was goto phoenix golds website, type in a zipcode, put the distance to search in, and whatever comes up, take the company name do a google search and hope they have a website. and go from their.
the koby international website has the 800.1 and 1200.1 hth
blg748 
Copper - Posts: 194
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2004 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
Honestly your second best bet is EBAY they have quite a few in. IF you live in the US its great the stores on ebay that sell them will give  you a 1 year warranty i know its not the 3 years that PG would give you if you buy from authorized dealer but its better than not finding one. Ti amps can put out a lot of clean power they hardly break down. They are expensive. Honestly DO NOT BUY OCTANE R or XENON they are both crap even the retailer i went to in town reccomend me to buy a amp off ebay because i was looking for a TI he had one but it was 500.4 and wanted 700..anywys all the new pg amps are made in CHINA the TANTRUM and TITANIUMS were built in the US. Their quality and dependability is greater. just buy a TITANIUM off of ebay its your best choice. I treid many stores in town and in provice for a PH TI400.2 i couldnt find one so i bought it off ebay.
wayland1985 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2004 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
Big748 really turned me off to the new stuff from phoenix gold.  I've always heard excellent things about Phoenix Gold's Titanium amps, and figured these new generation amplifiers would be just as good.  I'll search around ebay (even though I'd much rather shoot for the 3 year warranty, since i have bad luck with amps) for some titaniums. 
I never really was "that hard up for one" i just heard they were a good choice.  I'll probably start looking back into Memphis, JL Audio (even though JL is over priced in my eyes) and maybe some others..  Any other suggestions?
~wayland
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2004 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  
As a person who ownes PG amps let me clue you in on what's up with the new Xenon line.
The Xenon amps are completely new from the ground up, board and everything. The Ti amps where built on an existing model. The problem with the new Xenon amps is just that, new design, so there is bound to be some problems. Still not every Xenon amp is a dud, only a few.
PG is still, IMO, one of the higher-end company's out there. And for PG related questions, this forum is PG's official forum.
Paul
dedlyjedly 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  

yeah, i carry phoenix gold as my primary high-end offering for amplifiers.  Although I do own a ti 600.2 and plan on getting a few more for my "pipedream", i have no reservations whatsoever about recommending the xenon series.  these amps maintained most of the nice circuitry (triple darlington) that pg has become synonomous with.

if youre familiar with pg, the tantrum and titanium lineups from 2003 were merged toether into one line, the xenon as you now know them.  the advantage to the customer is that youre getting most of the sq from the titanium at a drastic price reduction. 

i have sold many, many pg amps this year and have had fairly minimal problems with any.  i just sent my first xenon amp to pg for warranty repair in fact!  the amp was stuck in protection. (and even in that case, it was for one of my customers that is known for abusing equipment, he's running multiple x1200.1's and its still not loud enough for him!)

unless your consider yourself a tweak when it comes to car audio, the xenon is the best value in an amp phoenix gold has ever released.  the only drawback i could see would be the larger physical size of them. if you need a good deal on a xenon 600.1 or 1200.1 you just let me know.

MECP certified, 5yrs experience, you probably otta listen bitch!!
blg748 
Copper - Posts: 194
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
YES it is true what Francious70 said i completely belive him and i know too. im just saying rahter than spending money on xenon or octane get a tantrum or a titantium. i was ready to buy the pg xenons 400.1 from author dealer for my jl12w3v2 he told me if i can find the tantrum 300.2 to buy it as i will be better off and save money. this is what he told me an authorized dealer. also he did mention how the xenons are new and will take a bit of time to be improved. from my experience a cpl buddys 3 of em have have xenons one out the three has had probs with his zenons thats like 1/3 xenon is bad. this may not be the case but this is just from 3 ppl i know and 1 turned out bad. Phoenix Gold has amazing stuff their zeons will get better. ALso if you really want high end go for ORION, ZAPCO . dont bother with JL they are WAY over priced.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic