icon

Phoenix Gold mono Amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dedlyjedly 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  

the tantrum series of amplifiers is inferior to the xenon and the titanium!!!

i cant stress that enough, in fact it was because of power supply problems w/ the tantrum line that i nearly gave up on phoenix gold and dropped the line. that's right big748, im the store manager in a pg authorized shop!!!

my point was that without exception the titanium are the best of those mentioned, but the xenon is an acceptable replacement for the non-discriminating listener on a budget

MECP certified, 5yrs experience, you probably otta listen bitch!!
blg748 
Copper - Posts: 194
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
The authorized dealer here in TOWN told me if i can find a tantrum to get it over spending 600 on the xenon 400.1 my friends got two tantrum 300.2s running for a year or two and they ahvent had any problems ? i guess its liek the xenons and  that a lotta of them are  havign probs too ? i know the xenon and titanium are WAY better than athe TANTRUM. but i have a  1 yr warranty and i plan on selling it to someone after usign it for couple months iditos in this town will pay a lot for this amp that i have the t 300.2 ill get my money back. i really wanan buy the ti 400.2. but thanks for the advise.
dedlyjedly 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  

$600!!! maybe for a ti600.2, but a xenon 400.1 shouldnt cost you more than $400! where in the hell are you from? mother russia?! lol

MECP certified, 5yrs experience, you probably otta listen bitch!!
blg748 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
oh im in canada so the price is right incl tax and stuff its in CANADIAN.  im gonna sell my PG tantrum if it starts givign me problesm dish it out on ebay lol. anyways lots of friends o f mine got theri tantrums 300.2s still working even the one guy has 2 refurbs lol they work. and get tested yearly so ya.
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
I'd s save up and get the Xenon or the titanium. As said previously, they make the world of difference and sound a lot better (Price tag reflecting). Worth the investment to some, not to others, but in your case i'd go for it. Keep the tantrum until you have sufficient funds to purchase one of the others.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
wayland1985 
Silver - Posts: 353
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  

Haha... Mother russia....

~wayland
fastev 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2004 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
I've been using Xenon 12DVC's for a while now and they are great.  I've been thinking about getting rid of my Titanium amps for a couple Xenons, but after reading these posts perhaps I should keep them...
blg748 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  

KEEEEEEEEEEP those titanium they are like GOLD. they still cost a crapload to purchase if you can find em even on fleebay they want 350US for a 400.2 TI. Me it looks liek the SHIPPING company LOST MY TANTRUM 300.2 god damn fookers good thing they had insurance on it gonna take a mon th or so to get my money but now lo oks like ill just be getting a new amp from start.

uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
Keep the titanium amps, but upgrade to the titanium subs. Match the set out with the highest quality equipment, don't settle for a step down.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2004 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
He's right, keep the ti amps as they're not made anymore. They are also highly collectible items, much like PG short live "Frank-amp-en-stein" or the Reactors.
The Xenon amps are solid gold and the second run of them has been released with many improvements over the first run. The Xenons are so underprice it's not even funny. I got my X400.1 for $250 and it should have cost at least $400. PG is trying to give the series a "shot in the ass" by selling them at a lower price than they're worth so people will jump on the boat with them.
Paul
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic