icon

What got you into car audio?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bluetruck 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2005 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
i was hoping i'd meet chicks if my car went boom. (it didnt work yet)
redchevy99 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 2:52 AM / IP Logged  
I was 16 and my friend down the street got his first system and ive been addicted every since then. im on my 5th different set-up. always tryin to get somethin better. but if bass was a narcotic i would be addicted.
phuzun 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 7:33 AM / IP Logged  

My friends brother got some kicker boxes for his pickup when I was like 13.  Thing was damn loud for what I'd heard back then.  Kinda got me into it, my first car, I got a 15" mtx terminator in a ported box, and refurbed phoenix gold amp.  Then I moved onto 2 15" eclipses.

I've not seen alot of systems, as none of my friends really have them.  Though one person I knew locally worked at a car/home audio place.  He put 12 12" rockford's with gobs of power into a jimmy.  Loudest thing I'd ever heard, was knocking the windshield loose, and moving metal.  I sat in it for less than a minute and was deaf.  You could hear this thing for a few blocks.

Though I've never wanted anything that loud, I really would like to get a nice 4 way setup in my vehicle sometime, with some quality sound.

thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
my passion for car audio is deep rooted. Growin up as a kid, you like ur music loud. Very loud. but I couldnt have that in my house, cuz my parents are retarded. I always had head phones. Growing up in chicago, u listen to rap mainly, so those tiny wal-mart headphones werent doing much. So i purchased a set of 30 dollar koss headhphones (studio style) big difference. there was BASS. Then i started getting into some of that electronic stuff, and i realized my old man had a pretty sweet set up in the front room that was never used. so, when he wasnt home, i'd hook my cd player up to it. it was nothin special, but it went loud as hell and had plenty of bass. so yea, i loved it even more. eventually i got my car and a few people had systems, so i had to be the loudest. didnt work well the first try. i had some idea as to what i was doing, but nothing major. But now, i've got a mediocre setup in my car, and i am the second loudest kid around here. sad thing is he spent around 5 times more than i did, and he's only about 5 db louder. :)
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  
needless to say, its gone from car to home as well, i have a nice 6.1 surroud sound system in my bedroom, i have a 2.1 set up on my computer, but when im playin good games, i use the receiver to get 6.1 also. and the car, well, u can read the sig. all of them drive the old man nuts. and that, alone, puts the biggest smile on my face. What got you into car audio? - Page 4 -- posted image. ya, kinda like that.
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
altoncustomtech 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  

Hello Everyone...  I'm new to posting in the forum although i've been reading through it for several weeks now.  I must say that there is a wealth of knowledge compiled together here with everyone and the resources given and I have to give thanks to all you on behalf of all car audio enthusiasts.  Sites and insites such as this are a eutopia for those with a thirst for knowledge for doing things the right way.  With that said, I'll introduce myself.  I'm 25yrs old, from a podunk town in Southern Indiana, and started messing around in stereo's in my early teens like many of you.  Me and a couple friends just had to have our simple, gotty, sorry excuse home stereos getting as loud as possible.  Being from a poor family most of what we compiled was Goodwill giveaways and the like.  Though I still have a pair of Matrix Electronics 12" 3-ways a friend of my dad gave me that are still pumping out some good old school sound.  In high school was when I discovered CAR AUDIO.  My first vehicle was a 1970 Chevy PU and the first system I had (if thats what you want to call it) was a pioneer tape deck, audiovox 6x9 3-ways, and 2 12" Thump's in a box that i weatherproofed and put in the bed of the truck facing the cab, tho firing against the front of the bed (wasn't gonna cut up my baby).  yeah yeah laff all ya want, for a poor kid it worked, just wish I never traded the USAmps A50HC I ran the Thumps with.  Where did I get the money for a badass amp like that you ask while you think to yourself "poor kid??!!!"??  Computers and electronics have always been a big part of my life.  One of the kids I went to school with had an awesome system but his head unit smoked on him.  I physically repaired the unit and he gave the the A50HC for doing the work.  Of course it had a couple problems too, but after a little time I had it rockin'.  Anyways that started me into doing car audio installs and repairs, I now own a small side business designing and installing systems for the financially less fortunate like I was growing up.  I've learned to do alot with a little, and websites such as this one keep idea's flowing fast.  My current system is in my company supplied work truck, so I wasn't looking to spend alot of money on it in the first place in fear it would just get tore up anyways.  The components of the system aren't worth much on anyone's list but it manages to put a smile on customer's faces when they hear it and then see the total price for it.  I'm getting ready to put a system in my wife's van (tax check!!).  I'm looking at putting a Pioneer Deh-P8600mp HU, Alphasonik PMA2300A, PMZ6002A, PMZ3002A amps, Audiobahn ABC6003Q & ABC6002Q component sets, and a pair of MTX T8512-44's.  Not the best stuff in the world by far but it should be right on target for a modest setup, most expensive one I've done for myself yet @ $1500 total.  Well, I'm sure I've bored you all to death by now.  Thanks for reading, keep up the good work and I hope to be a viable part of the website someday too.  Have a good one!!

2004 F-150:
Pioneer DEH-P2000
Profile Clarus CL440 & CA600M
Audiobahn AS68Q 5x7 (2 pair)
Audiobahn AS1051SE 10"
EFX Scosche 4 Guage 2 amp kit
1998 Chevrolet Venture Van
Pioneer DEH-P670MP
Hi
aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
In 1996, my bro got a system installed into his Eclipse, 2 10" RF's powered by an RF amp. Not much power, but damn did those subs slam in that car (hatchback type car, figures little power would sound loud). Ever since those times of playing Beat Dominator in his car, I was hooked. I was about 14 at the time, so without a license, I built the system I wanted on paper. When I got my first car at 16, I immediately tossed in my bro's RF's (which he replaced with 12w0's) powered by a Kenwood amp, and I became one of the first people at my high school to have bass. As the years went on, I learned more and more about car audio, and I also began to appreciate sound quality as well as bass. So here I am, the one my friends or friends of friends turn to for anything car audio related. I love it.
Jon
Don't like rockford subs? Then don't look at my car =)
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic