icon

Pyle audio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2004 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
Is Pyle a good maker of equipment. What's your opinion on the PLCD38? I'm abuot to install one for the first time. Never messed with their equipment before. Is it easy to work with or is it going to be a pain in the @$$?
Greed is for amateurs.
Disorder,chaos,anarchy now THAT is fun!!
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 26, 2004 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  
...the lowest of the low.  Have fun!  Seriously though, just get the thing working and tell the guy not to bring trash like Pyle to you again.
Sancho 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2004 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
i told you man this is real crapppppppPyle audio -- posted image.:)))))
Head Unit:Alpine CDA 9835
6.5 MB Quart Pce 210
Amp:JBL 80.4
Amp:JBL 1200.1
Sub:Adire Brahma 12 MKII
wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2004 at 3:51 AM / IP Logged  
i think back when i first started pyle had some good drivers but that was about 15 years ago. i bought some pyle drivers about 5 years ago and they held up to about half their rms power rated they hit pretty hard about as good as sony or legacey. if you are looking for a cheap pair of subs i just purchaced a pair of legacy 12" subs 50.00 brand new. they sound ok i have them running about 2000 watts now and i cannot blow them they can handel lots of power but they both are hitting around 90 db together no much for spl, and suck for sq, i am in the habbit for buying  cheap subs and trying to blow them i would say pyle is better than legacy but thats about it
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2004 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  
The name says it all...
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2004 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
Another company that USED to be good. It's  sad to see so many companies go to the cheap route and ruin what they used to be.
'85 Toy
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2004 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  

Name implies. :P

Yeah supradude...i think we havent seen the last of it either. :(

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
rongant 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2004 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  

How about Pyramid?

I've never had any problem with my 300watt 2 chan. amp, and in another post, mentioned I bought a 1000 watt 2 chan. amp, 2 x10" 700 watt subs, and a MP3 Flip Face deck, for $130 new/refurb. off ebay.

I will never go in a competition, and just like having some extra thump, and hope Pyramid will supply that :)

pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2004 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
Pyramid has go to be the worst of the worst. I would be surprised if that "1000 watt" amp put out even 100 watts!! Even wal mart doesnt stoop to selling pyramid!!
jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2004 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
What's with the pyramid bashing??? I have a pair of the 12" power pro subs, and they definetely piss off the whole neighborhood. They're gettin 400 watts a piece, and they freakin blopw. I keep hearin so much bad talk, but how many of yall have actually owned the stuff?? I do plan to upgrade to Planet Audio VC12D subs here in a little while, but i'm still gonna keep my Pyramids around
Greed is for amateurs.
Disorder,chaos,anarchy now THAT is fun!!
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic