icon

alpine type x 12s vs w7s vs 9500s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
I have and answer and i already stated it. JL = money. A sub equally as good as that W7 is the Adire Brahma, and it is half the price. Check it out at adireaudio.com and anyone hear will tell you that it is. This is not a maybe, this is a yes. They are way overrated. Everybody thinks that JL makes the best subs... guess what... there are better out there! for the money, i can get a lot better speaker than what i can get JL. I can get louder, clearer, whatever. Jesus for $600 for a W7 i could buy 5 15's for god sakes. Think about it, and let me know when you start to know audio.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Lizardking 
Copper - Posts: 184
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  

I would put a Eclpse 9100 series sub against a W7 anyday... I have put my 8100's up againt a W7 with the Eclpse running away with it when it comes to SQ..

Eclipse "Approaching Perfection"
Lizardking 
Copper - Posts: 184
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2005 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
Eclipse will pound the W7 no doubt!!
Eclipse "Approaching Perfection"
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  

uthinkuknoaudio, go back and reread my post carefully, and answer the question as it was asked. Then let me know when you know English alpine type x 12s vs w7s vs 9500s - Page 3 -- posted image.

I thought the Brahma was better than the W7? Now its just "equally as good"? At least keep the story straight people, please! You're confusing me...alpine type x 12s vs w7s vs 9500s - Page 3 -- posted image.alpine type x 12s vs w7s vs 9500s - Page 3 -- posted image.

This is not a contest. I merely posed a question that you obviously could not answer. And once again, you respond with negativity to another member. How sad. We can disagree with one another, as we obviously have, but there really is no need to be a jerk about it. You should really find another place to talk shop if you can't keep it civil.

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
Paradigm 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2005 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  
Rather, I should have said reading and comprehension skills. My bad alpine type x 12s vs w7s vs 9500s - Page 3 -- posted image.
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2005 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
Paradigm, i can see you were dropped on your head. I did answer you question. The sub you can get for the half the price is the Adire Brahma. It is equally as good or better, as stated before. My reading comp skills are fine, but i don't think you could pass a common sense test for preschoolers. I don't try to put down users, but  other users just have to use their heads and comprehend what i am saying here. You should find another "site" if you can't act civil and respect audio opinions. And when we tell you that you are wrong, believe me, you are wrong. Don't belittle us and call us stupid, because you'll turn out looking like the jackass. On the other note, Eclipse makes a fantastic woofer, and i think some of their lines rank right up their with the "Elite Woofers". W7, Brahma, Crazy Titanium thing that Eclipse has (Don't really know what it is called but i heard it and it is crazy loud and bangs), Alumapro M16, and man all of those crank. I envy anyone that can afford those M16's...I'll trade you some fosgate for them lol...
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 06, 2005 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
uthink, take a break.  Relax for a while.  Paradigm has been a respected member for quite some time here, so you should be respectful to that.  When you say "we" and "us", you are just referring to yourself, so don't lump other members of the forum into your tirade.  Your opinions are not the final ones on this forum.  When Paradigm said that JL Audio was not overrated or overpriced, he gave his opinion based on his experience.  Leave it as such, because this is a forum where individual opinions are welcome.
djdaveoc 
Copper - Posts: 231
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2005 at 4:07 AM / IP Logged  
Well I don't know which are better because I have no experience with any of them.  I have the subzone box for a 12w7 so that's what I'm going to buy.  Can anyone tell me what amp they recommend for that sub?  It's supposed to take 750 RMS I believe but I think it has 1 3-ohm coil.  Please help.
alpine type x 12s vs w7s vs 9500s - Page 3 -- posted image. Plan, Research, Do
Paradigm 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2005 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  

Thank you stevdart. As you can see, uthink doesn't play nice with others when they don't think like he does.

The question was, "Why do you think JL=money?" uthinks answer was (paraphrasing here), "because." "Because you don't know, do you? It's okay to admit you don't know something; it may even help improve your demeanor alpine type x 12s vs w7s vs 9500s - Page 3 -- posted image. (you still need help on your reading and comprehension skills, as I pointed out earlier).

uthink, flame away if you like, but you've already been pwned, so there's no point in continuing this circular argument. Thanks for your opinion.

Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
Paradigm 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2005 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  

djdaveoc wrote:
Well I don't know which are better because I have no experience with any of them.  I have the subzone box for a 12w7 so that's what I'm going to buy.  Can anyone tell me what amp they recommend for that sub?  It's supposed to take 750 RMS I believe but I think it has 1 3-ohm coil.  Please help.

You have made an excellent choice. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking you got screwed price-wise alpine type x 12s vs w7s vs 9500s - Page 3 -- posted image.

As far as an amp, you could go with the JL Audio 1000/1 - it does 1000 watts into 1.5-4 ohms. However, you will pay quite a bit for this amp if you decide to go with this one. Alot of people have been suggesting the JBL 600.1 and 1200.1 for a sub of this type; maybe these would be more to your liking/within your budget. Someone else want to help us out here?

Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic