icon

Passlock Cavalier

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Falcon 1 
Copper - Posts: 130
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2005 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  

I put in a bulldog remote start in a 99 Cavalier. I also used the bulldog bypass but the car only turns over then shuts down. It will remote start with the key in the ignition. I was searching for the link to bypass the passlock with the relay and resistor method if someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks

Do it right the first time, only a doctor can bury his mistakes.
homey88 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2005 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  

If you wired the bypass right, then all you have to do is start the car with the key let run for 2min so the bypass can learn the code and then it should work. They recomend you clear the memory first, then look for a red led in the inside corner where the 8-pin harnes plugs in and when you do the learning process the led will go out, they say it takes two min but the ones i have done it only took thirty seconds.

Brian
Falcon 1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2005 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
I have already tried it with the bypass exactly how you said homey88 and it remote started at least 6 or 7 times with no problem. It is now 4 days later after I did this install and it will not remote start the passlock system keeps shutting it down.
homey88 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2005 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  
sounds like you have a bad module, I do remember that there tech line sad somthing about a problem and they tell a way to fix.      Did you clear the memory on the bypass, if so do you see a red led, if so watch it and it should go out after 30seconds to 2min of running with key start, if not you either have a bad bypass or somthing possably hooked up wrong. I bet its a bad module i had a bad bulldog bypass last week!
Brian
Falcon 1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2005 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  
I did clear the memory as per  the instructions and still have the same problem. The red LED works just like it should but the car just will not stay running under remote power. I have used these same bypasses before on different vehicle's Chrysler and GM and they have always worked.
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2005 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
No the module is fine. It just doesn't work on 99 Cavaliers. It is supposed to but it doesn't. I have run into this problem so i just made up my own relay resistor method.
Look at Diagram #3 (Temporary Passlock I Bypass)
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
jrilla 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2005 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  
Don't use Diagram #1 on that page the link above takes you to: it doesn't work 100% of the time and hence you cannot start the car with the key sometimes.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
dobber0003 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2005 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  

if you use the diagram posted the car will somtimes shut down and then not start with key once in a while.  A latching relay needs to be added so that when you press brake and remote start shuts down the override module stays on untill the ignition shuts off again.  Some cars don't like the transition when relay shuts off.

jrilla 
Posted: January 08, 2005 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
Use the diagram, it works flawlessy 100% of the time on 99 Cavaliers.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Falcon 1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2005 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  

I have a question for jrilla. I tried the same as diagram 1 yesterday with a single relay and it didn't work this is why I posted the topic. I took a look at the link you provided with two relay's and you say this will work 100% of the time even with the key? This is the first time I seen it with two relays. My other concern is what dobber0003 says about doing it this way. Who is correct? Thanks again.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic