icon

New Head Unit Skiping or Breaking up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hoaxs 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
I was just giving a used JVC kamelon head unit.  I installed it in my 2004 Cavalier.  I noticed when I have the voulme loud for a while the cd starts to skip or breakup.  What can cause that.   Is the head unit drawing to much power, do i need a noise filter.  Any help would help. Thank you.
Hurry get me a steel hanger, elec tape, zip ties, a monkey and a snorgle. trust me i've ran wires with less
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure you have it mounted tight. And put a strap in the back to secure it.
'85 Toy
hoaxs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2005 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  

can it be anything else

Hurry get me a steel hanger, elec tape, zip ties, a monkey and a snorgle. trust me i've ran wires with less
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2005 at 6:46 AM / IP Logged  
I can't think of anything. Maybe someone else can help you.
'85 Toy
97Pathy 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2005 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  
does it do it with a cd you purchased from a store?  About 3 years ago i had a jvc that only read really really good burnt disks, even tho it said it was capable of it.
naador 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2005 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  
Once I had a cd player that would just skip randomly once it was running for 20 or so minutes because it was heating up quite badly. If you ejected the disc it would be extremely hot to the touch. Might not be your problem at all, but at least it's something to check
Good Luck
twofootthumpin 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2005 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
Well first off I will explain to you that you made a good choice on picking a good looking and a safety wise cd player but there is bad news with this also, the way that JVC has there Kamelon cd players set up internally is not the best for quality sound when large bass is reproduced or for prolonged abuse of the tiny internal amp, first is you have a subwoofer set up controled well in your vehicle the actual cd player its self is set up like a old school cheap cd player is it is mounted with three small springs to keep the road movment from skipping the cd so when large bass is produced its moves it too much and continuously skips the cd. But if you dont there are other problems with this cd player, the internal amp in it is over powered from the factory and needed to be set up as a mosfet power but was not when it gets hitting hard it actulay get too hot draws too much current and slowly over heats the rest of the cd player from the inside out which decreases sound quality and could possibly make it sound like the cd is skipping or cutting out. Maybe if you described the problem and the situation a little better I could narrow it down some more for you.
hoaxs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2005 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  

Thats what i quessed too twofootthumpin.  I figured that i was just playing the music to loud and it was drawing to much power.  The sq does go down and start to sound like static.  Now if that is the proplem can i fix it in any way. 

twofootthumpin 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
Yah you can fix it, turn it down or dont play it so loud, ha ha ha I know that those prolly wont happen so I had the same problem with a sony and took a small fan attached in the same area where the cd player is located adn blowing AWAY from the cd player connected it to ground and the aux or the remote line power, comes on when the cd player is turned on and keeps air flowing around inside of the dash just enough to possibly solve your problem, it worked on the sony but no promises with your head unit.
hoaxs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2005 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your help. twofootthumpin.  Now does all this happen just because it's drawing to much current.  Because that gay but ohhwell i live with it. thanks.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic