icon

New Head Unit Skiping or Breaking up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
twofootthumpin 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
    I beleive that you are partially correct in saying that it was not designed well but not all of these model presented this problem only a few of them. I understand that no amp has a constant current draw thats why in my writing I said more than once a Hypathetical situation. And yes, no speaker not even if they are the same brand and model will have the same exact ohm rating but the closer that you can get to exact resistance the better, another actual situation: Fathers caviler, four speaker system two 3.5" fronts two 6x9" in the rear changed the stock head unit(am/fm radio) out for a very nice pioneer head unit and it had multiple heat problems until we changed out the speakers and realized that the rears where rated for 3.6 ohms and the fronts 8 ohms, switched all of the speakers out for cheap pioneers at 4 ohms a piece and it took care of the heat problems. Of course this is slightly different than the orignal subject because this head unit did not over heat to the point of no sound or lack of quality it was just too hot for handleing, but at least it might show a little better what exactly I ment earlier. You might be right, none of these could be correct with the situation at hand, but at least trying to figure out what possibly could be the problem and trying and fix it, its slightly better than just throw it out its junk because its from JVC.
Yes, money is everything when it comes to a huge system.
hoaxs 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you twofoot for all your help.  Every thing you said that could be wrong i figured too.  I just wasn't to sure.  I just didn't think about the the diffrent speakers, and yes the the Kappas are at 4 ohms, but the fronts i have no idea what there running at.  But once the income tax comes,  I'm getting the alpine cda-983 for a head unit.  Two 12 inch hifonic atlas subs.  Two 1000d hifonic brutus amps.  A yellow top and two undecided caps.  and the 4*6 kappas for the front.  and maybe if i get good hours at work a 4 channel amp for the kappas.  Thanks agian guys.

Hurry get me a steel hanger, elec tape, zip ties, a monkey and a snorgle. trust me i've ran wires with less
hoaxs 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  

make that a alpine cda-9833

Hurry get me a steel hanger, elec tape, zip ties, a monkey and a snorgle. trust me i've ran wires with less
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic