icon

2002 Trailblazer GMDLBP troubles

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
i am not sure if these guys sell over the counter, but you can try ... altron international. thier info is at www.altronint.com
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
or just go buy one from a local authorized dealer..... the new modules aren't available here yet... ETA is in the next week or two I'm told.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
kdawg25 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
Not exactly sure how to find a local authorized dealer.....the only one local shop to me that I have found sells the Trilogix that I am having trouble with. I have more local shops, but they won't sell the modules unless I buy the RS from them and they install.
But would you happen to know a dealer in the Iowa City or Cedar Rapids, Iowa area that might get me one?
thanks
mobileworks 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  

How about trying to relearn the resistance code....  Unplugging the unit and retry programming the whole thing over again.

I've got a plxr and another gmdlbp that I'm I would sell. Pm If you need em.

We are a dealer of bypasskits.com modules....

Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2005 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
It sounds like a definite platform issue... I have done about 3 of these vehicles and the first 2 no probs.. The third didn't want to play nice at all... After fighting with it for an hour I just swapped modules and it worked great... ended up putting the original into another vehicle and no probs...   I am about 50- 50 in confidence with bypasskits right now.. some work great and some lose their Fin' minds... It is frustrating....espesially when you can trouble shoot it, everything checks out , then your down to looking at a data stream, and what that means is pretty much jibberish...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
kdawg25 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  
Mobileworks-you have a PM
Hymer-I know what you mean. It is very frustrating knowing that it is installed right and something won't work properly. You wouldn't happen to remember what versions those modules were do you?
I've gone over everything at least 3 times and reprogramed/removed the GMDL-BP another 3 with no sucess. That's why I figure it has to be that module.
misterjimbo 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
9maybe you have the wrong r code wire? Why not try... Putting the r code wire back together and then put the key in the cylander and remote start the car. Does it start? If you hooked up a key sense wire you will have to disconnect it to try this. I find it hard to believe that two bypasses were bad right out of the box, but stranger things have happened
Haku 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  
Your not using the ground out when running wire for anything else are you??
I have installed many of the GMDL-BP, including three on Trailblazers. The only problem I have ever run into is that I was using the ground out when running wire to also trigger a relay for a second igntion.... and it was freaking the module out. I put a diode in, and it fixed the problem.
Shawn
Hak
Siemens Autostart
kdawg25 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
misterjimbo: not sure what you are trying to say. The GMDL-BP is only one wire to the vehicle......connects to the databus. And I didn't try 2 bypasses, just kept trying the same one.
Haku: Just using the ground out when running for the GMDL-BP. I tried direct connect, adding a relay, and directly grounding it and got the same results. I think it is because the module I have is an early version. I think the H2 version would work but not sure, that's pretty much why I am here......
misterjimbo 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry forgot what bypass you were using. Disconnect the data bus wire and then put the key in ignition and try to remote start.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic