the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

All wiring diagrams

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jaurora 
Silver - Posts: 429
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  

I install alot of alarms and remote starters on the side. I am not a dealer and for this reason it is hard for me to pull good wiring information (tech sheets). I am most gratefull to the people of 12 volt to help me any chance they get. I was wondering is there something (CD) you can purchase or a website you can sign up for to get a good trustworthy tech sheet. Everything that I come across seems to be a "Dealer only" and I respect that, I am looking to purchase a disk or perhaps a membership to a website.

Thanks

MECP certified (If it really means anything)
Jeremy
misterjimbo 
Silver - Posts: 535
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  
i have recieved a number of disks for tech support, and i have never been satisfied with them. i hate to say it, but this site is probably the best. lots of people lots of access to tech support, ya know. i have access to directechs and audiovox tech support and so do many others.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 14, 2005 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
yep....   www.installogy.com  
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
mjones88901 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  

Here's another web site that sells wiring CD's: www.12voltresource.com

tbird2340 
Copper - Posts: 363
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  

I also agree with the OP.. I have been looking for a while now.. Everything is DEALER only.. That's total crap! They could make more money selling it to people who don't just install their product. One that is really sweet is AstroChart (made by AstoStart - www.astroflex.com). It has some freaking sweet pictures of where the wires are and everything. I wish they sold it to non-"dealers" but they don't.

Installogy looks sweet but $300 per year is a little steap.

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
tbird2340 wrote:

I also agree with the OP.. I have been looking for a while now.. Everything is DEALER only.. That's total crap! They could make more money selling it to people who don't just install their product. One that is really sweet is AstroChart (made by AstoStart - www.astroflex.com). It has some freaking sweet pictures of where the wires are and everything. I wish they sold it to non-"dealers" but they don't.

Installogy looks sweet but $300 per year is a little steap.

Do you have any idea what these companies pay to research vehicles every year? That money is made back when their dealers buy product off them. If you think $300 a year is high, you should check out what my company has to pay to keep our Point Of Sale (TSS software) software and vehicle audio database (MAID) up-to-date. Maybe if the companies could set up a way you could Paypal them $2 everytime you look up a techsheet, it might be worth it to them. Giving it away free would just overload their web servers from freeloaders when their customers (dealers) are trying to get information they need. You should try seeing how slow DEI's website can get mid-day in the middle of remote start season.
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 7:00 AM / IP Logged  
I never said to give it away free. I would pay $10 for a very detailed diagram with pictures everytime I did a remote start. Maybe someone will think of that!
brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
The crimestopper modules give you 3  free vehicle lookups- with every R/S - they give you the password and ID for the website, and you can plug in the serial No. of your unit 3 times for 3 different vehicles- - includes graphics of wiring detail- such as 2nd ignition, door lock relays etc-- and it has pictures of where to find the wires on the car- in their latest lookups--  as was mentioned above-   I have been satisfied with them and have found little or no mistakes or confusion- just sometimes a better way for my own preference- of which I put in my files, for when I do the same type of car next time.........
Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
but this only intend for trained professional that do this on a regular basis, theyre not encouraging any DIY'er to float around doin crazy installs.
tbird2340 wrote:
I never said to give it away free. I would pay $10 for a very detailed diagram with pictures everytime I did a remote start. Maybe someone will think of that!
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  

Whatever profuse007.. Don't really know what your trying to say..

brcidd, I buy / install Crimestopper but I never seen anything like you described. Where can I find this?

Thanks!

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic