icon

Remote Starter CT-3300 for 2000 Cavalier

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Craig3708 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2005 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  

The Ct- 3300 do not have a voltage sence option( I install 3- 4 of these a day.) As for the bypass, did you use the ground out when running to operate a relay with the resister hooked inline to the passlock ? This Remote Start WILL NOT WORK PROPPERLY WITHOUT THE TACH HOOKED UP AND PROGRAMED.........(you have to have the brake light wire and the hood pin switch hooked up to do this).

Good luck,

Craig.

massie72 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2005 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry Craig, I forgot to mention that I put in a boa 165b remote starter.  I actually cut the yellow wire for the passlock 2 and soldered a resistor to the side going into the dash and left the end going to the ignition switch hanging loose taped up.  the other side of the resistor is soldered to the small black wire for the passlock system. 

Craig3708 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2005 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.designtech-intl.com/Content/techsupport/documents/section04/note113.pdf

This is how you should have the bypass hooked up. I am not familar with this model r/s, please post another post seperate of this post...

Good Luck.

Craig

Punster 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2005 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
I'll defiantly let you know if it works... I'm trying to get my hands on bypass/interface right now for a reasonably good price so far $85 seems to be the going rate.... hopefully tomorrow night I'll have it hooked up. Thanks everyone.
Punster 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2005 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
I've been doing my own investigating for bypass/interface modules for the remote starter that I installed and found a webpage on it. Mind you this is only from the manufacture of the my remote starter (Prostart) but is helpful in determining what you'll need for your car. And the part numbers that are listed are Canadian Tire Corp part numbers.... so you can just call your local store, give them the part number and you'll be set.

Interface Module Compatibility List - choose your car/truck make & model

Prostart Product List - list of products and there part numbers

massie72 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  
I'll appeciate any help.  In my case its not the bypass giving problems, because I totally removed the bypass module and permanantly bypassed the passlock with a resistor of the correct value.  So it's something with the unit itself or something is not hooked up that needs to be.  Anyway let me know what you find Punster.
Punster 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2005 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
Ok... well I installed PATSK-350 after work tonight... did all the hook ups, checked them, soldered all the connections, reprogrammed the tach manually, crossed my fingers... it started and stayed running! That's it... it works now. I just wanted to say " Thanks to everyone, for your help! " it  was very helpful.

Thanks again!

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic