icon

Best Buy Install, Viper 791

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jdeluna 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
I am thinking of purchasing from BEST BUY a Viper 791 Alarm / Remote Start system and of course having them install it too. My question is do they solder, T-tap, or crimp ??? Or is it up to each individual shop or installer with what they want to use and do ?? By the way I am in Virginia Beach, Virgnia if it helps. Thanks for any info. God Bless. Best Buy Install, Viper 791 -- posted image.
audifive 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  

their installers are supposed to use solder.  you'll never see a t taps used at a bestbuy

the don 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
crimp all the way and most don't no what there doing
ladys if i can,t fry it i don,t eat it
metaverse 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
Solder all connections and use Tach, from what I have heard..
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
Its company policy for them to solder all conections when they are doing command starts and alarms. I have never seen one that was done any other way. And to make the generalization that most do not know what they are doing is, to be blunt, a dumb ass comment.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Jschult3 
Copper - Posts: 106
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
If you have any real doubts, ask the installer before he gets started. Tell them you want it soldered and be present during some or all of the install. Try to get them on a slow day if you can.
Jeff
Always Verify Wire information before Connecting! Just a Darn Good DIY'R
kcjames215 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
The bestbuy installer in Colorado Springs crimp all and any connections made with remote start, alarms, and stereo.  And they really don't know what they are doing.
05 Nissan Altima 35SE
2 12" Solo's
Pioneer AVIC-N1
Chrome Z Grill
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
I am not saying that some dont crimp, nor am I saying that some sould really be taken outta the garage before they start something on fire, I just get pissed when someone makes a comment like "most don't know what there doing" when the company employs over 1000 installers all across america and into canada and I am guessing the guy who made the comment probally doesnt know more than 5 of them.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
kcjames215 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  

Ravendarat wrote:
I am not saying that some dont crimp, nor am I saying that some sould really be taken outta the garage before they start something on fire, I just get pissed when someone makes a comment like "most don't know what there doing" when the company employs over 1000 installers all across america and into canada and I am guessing the guy who made the comment probally doesnt know more than 5 of them.

You're right, he shouldn't have made that comment.  You must work for bestbuy

05 Nissan Altima 35SE
2 12" Solo's
Pioneer AVIC-N1
Chrome Z Grill
Javelin3o4 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
I feel the same way as raven, people think sometimes just cause you work for a retail chain and not some small local shop that you just do sh*tty work just to get it out. And yes I work for bestbuy as an installer for 2 years and a service tech for another 3.5yrs. and I DO use solder when i do alarms, we are not allowed to use T-Taps, if they are then they are not following policy. I do agree there are people that do installs that dont really know what they are doing but that doesnt mean everyone that works for the company doesnt know how to install.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic