icon

Adire audio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Stripes26051 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2005 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
Are these subs as good as they seem to be, ive heard great things about them here but other than that ive never heard a thing im thinking about buying them they but i dont know, What other subs would you say they compare to (the shiva's) anything else about them would be good to kno thanks
89 honda crx 1 15" Power HX2 jblbp1200.1 rockford coaxials 4 channel comin soon
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2005 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
My experience with Adire is limited to their Shiva and Tumult subs and their AV8 midbass drivers, but I have never used any of their speakers in a car.  I found them to be excellent performers for my HT applications and bargains at their price points and to compare favorably to speakers costing half again as much.  I'd put the Shiva subwoofer and the AV8 in the same class with similar JBL products and the Tumuilt in a class by itself.  It sounds very different from most competing products.  I liken their sound to what the old Voice of the Theatre loudspeakers might have sounded like if they could accurately reproduce 18Hz.  Or maybe a Klipshorn without the gigantic cabinet.  :)
Support the12volt.com
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 26, 2005 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  

I liken their sound to what the old Voice of the Theatre loudspeakers might have sounded like

Nice descriptive prose....makes me get a feel for the tone and I haven't even seen one before.  :)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic