icon

Hard start when using key

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nokia15291 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
I have a status output on my remote start.....this hooks in the keysense wire (to turn alarm off w/o unlocking doors).  This same status output on the remote start also hooks to the blue wire on the 556U module....They told me not to hook the keysense wire to anything, but by doing this the 556U stays on all the time.  The 556U has a + and - keysense wire....So according to your directions I will not be usnig either one of them?   When you say 556u's status to pin 87A are you referring to the blue wire?
Boomin' taurus 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
does your remote start have factory arm/disarm wires? A single pulse of the unlock wire will disarm the factory security system. A pulse of the lock wire will rearm the alarm. when you activate the remote start, the alarm disarms, the vehicle starts, then the doors relock/alarm rearms.
If you wish to use your keysense wire for 'factory disarm no unlock' i would suggest using a pulsed wire, because the status wire will show ground anytime (and all the time) the remote start is operating.
re: my relay setup.
in OLDER universal bypass modules that required a keysense interrupt, my relay method would be used. the 556U has the ability to detect keysense already built into the unit. "556U's status to pin87a" -- yes, i was referencing the 556U's blue wire to 87a. the Remote starts' status wire to pin 30.
on the newer 556U's, you will do your normal wire connections: 12V power, ground, status (to status out from remote start), and connect the (-) keysense to the Toyota's keysense wire. When you remote start the vehicle, the 556U monitors that keysense wire. As soon as a key is stuck into the cylinder, the 556U detects that, and shuts down (and will come back on when the key is removed)
-john
nokia15291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  

That is what I was trying to say....it shows a ground at all times and it will not work that way.....I don't mind wiring up a relay...would this still work on the 556u model?

I do have to use the status output of the RS to "factory disarm no unlock"...this is the only way it will work.....  but in my setup will i still be able to use the relay..right now i have:

RS status output hooked up to the truck's keysense wire and the blue wire from the 556u.  But by having it connected this way the 556U always stays on and never turns off even if I don't start with the RS.  Would wiring this relay in make any difference then?

Boomin' taurus 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
i've never seen a vehicle in which the only way it'll disarm the factory security is only through the keysense. 100% of the vehicles i've done work either through a separate f.disarm wire or a single pulse of the unlock (if the unlock/disarm are on the same wire)
what i don't understand is you're saying the f.alarm is only disabled when the keysense is grounded. so, does the alarm re-arm if you were to say, disconnect the status from keysense?
if you had any low-current (-) ignition outputs (to say, hook up a relay to power a 2nd ignition/2nd starter,etc), i'd use that connected to the keysense wire. then connect the two status wires (556U and r/s brain) together.   That *SHOULD* disarm the alarm when the R/S got the command to start. 556U sends the code. As soon as you put the key in the ignition, you'll have a second or two where the two keys may see eachother (you'd have this regardless unless you did the keysense interrupt [per my relay]), step on the brake -- shuts down the 556U, and the (-) ignition output as well.
thats about the best suggestion i have if you can't use the factory lock/unlock wires for ARM/DISARM.   I don't have experience with crimestopper r/s's... but which model do you have and maybe i can find a manual to aid in more assistance..
-john
nokia15291 
Copper spacespace
nokia15291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
Someone had posted this on another forum...would this work or is your way better?.
constant 12+ = 85
status output = 86
ground 87 to car body
556U blue wire and keysen! se wire GREEN/ black = 30
Boomin' taurus 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
i think thats the same way as you have it now... the keysense wire will activate the 556U relay inside, because the blue 556 wire is still connected to the keysense wire.
with my way, the keysense wire is still accessed, however not using the status outputs. The trucks' keysense will never be connected to either of the blue status wires.
I see the wiring diagram. this "second ignition wire" that i talk about 2-3 posts up, is yellow/black in the diagram. you'd want it to be set up as "negative ignition output"
are you 100% positive that you can't use the f.disarm wire [pin 9]? you didn't tell me the results of my 'what if' question above.   I'd be curious to what would happen if you would just momentarily touch that keysense wire to ground before you remote started the unit.
nokia15291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
Yes the yellow/black is setup as a - ignition output.    If I just momentarily touched the keysense wire I don't think it would work..my alarm disarms with unlock and arms with lock....  i have no more ideas..i even tried installing a diode like DEI suggested and that didnt work...Should I try your relay setup?  Do you think that would work...my wiring diagram for my truck is listed in another discussion if you search for "05 tacoma wiring"  Even though we aren't finished yet I wanted to thank you for all of your help so far!!  I hope we can ge this figured out
Boomin' taurus 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
you're welcome.
if the yellow/black is set up as a negative ignition output, it'll show (-) ground during the whole time the remote start is operating (just like the status wire), however my suggest was to use the yellow/black so that the status outputs weren't tied into the keysense (so you could actually use a key to start the vehicle normally)
Have you tried using the wires on the crime stopper to disarm the factory alarm (via single pulse unlock?). to do this, you'd connect the two wires from the crimestopper to the lock and unlock wires of the p-door locks. if your crimestopper had keyless entry, you'd tie both the F.disarm wire with the unlock wire, and F.arm with the lock.
I have DEI's Directwire software, so i am aware of the trucks' wiring diagram. you can try using the F.arm/F.disarm approach or you could try my relay approach. Both should give you results better than what you have now. What do you have to lose ?
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  

You should be able to just diode the keysense wire and the 556u status wire then hook them up to the rs status wire. That would only allow the 556u to be active only during remote start. You should not have to use the keysense wire on the 556u for this vehicle.

Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic