icon

Hard start when using key

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nokia15291 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
Yes I have it hooked up to disarm and arm factory alarm...i have to use double pulse unlock for my vehicle though....also i tried hooking up w/o using keysense wire as you had asked before and as soon as vehicle tries to start the alarm goes off.....so i need to hook yellow/black up to keysense wire....how about diode isolating all of the wires from each other....would this work?   how would i wire that?
nokia15291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
OK I tried hooking up the relay like you said and it works great when I put the key in but the RS will not work at all that way....I can tell because there is a red "key" flashing meaning that it is not picking up a key code....So hooking the relay up that way completely does not let the RS work at all.....but works when I insert the key....  Any other ideas???  I think this is just going to be like this ...I can;t think of any ideas at all....
nokia15291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I finally got it....  All I had to do was install the diode as stated in a previous post!!!  Thank you so much everyone for your help!!!!
nokia15291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
OK looks like I celebrated a little too soon!!!  Now from installing that diode my truck with remote start and the key works fine but everytime it remote starts the alarm goes off from having that diode installed......  I have to have something latched onto that keysense wire during the remote start...would i be able to wire a relay that would solve this problem??  i do still have the diode installed..please let me know if anyone has any ideas......it is starting to look like i am going to just leave the key in the ignition for five seconds before starting the the ignition recognizes the key in the ignition instead of the RS key
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
Are you sure you got the diode for the keysense wire going the right direction. If you do you will have to build a relay to feed the keysense wire. 85 to status out ,86 to 12 volt constant , 30 to ground and 87 to keysense. I read the manual for that system and was  wondering if you  had tried to use the orange wire to pulse the keysense wire. It should disarm the alarm that way but dont know if it will rearm  and go off after starting.
nokia15291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
I tried the orange and all other available wires...the alarm goes off while it is starting...so that doesn't work at all......so if i diode the keysense wire and blue from 556u...i still hook up this relay?  i thought i had it working fine until the alarm went off as it was remote starting...the keysense shut off part was working fine though when i put my key in...i cant win either way!!
chris354 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
Undo your status wire from keysense wire and  meter the status wire while remote starting,to make sure you are getting a ground from the status wire. If not your diode is in backwards, if you are getting a ground you need to build a relay as above. If done this way you can remove the diodes.
nokia15291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 2:06 AM / IP Logged  

Would this work?

the blue wire on the 556u will make it always transmit the code from the key. this is not good because he car might have complications if it detects 2 signals at the same time.

are you diode isolating correctly? cathode (lined side) faces the status output wire and anode (non-lined) faces the keysense and the other diode anode faces the blue wire on the 556

nokia15291 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  

OK Now I got it!!!!

You need to diode the status output from the remote start to the status of the 556U

And then you need to wire a relay as follows:

85 to status out, 86 to 12 volt constant , 30 to ground and 87 to keysense

chris354 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
All you hsould have to do is connect 2 diodes cathode side (lined) to the status out of rs. connect the other side of one diode to keysense wire  and the other blue wire of the 556u. Thats all you  should have to do unless the status output on the rs is not strong enough to control both, if not then build the relay.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic