icon

kicker 8in L7

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2005 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  

So you plan on using 2 of them? Because you cant run both subs to one amp at 2 ohms unless its in 2 channel stereo which produces the same amount of power as 4 ohm mono, generally speaking of course. That amp is fine for one but to properly wire both subs up to that one amp you are only gonna get about 150 wrms per driver, which is severly underpowered, look to the 1200.1 for your needs.

double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2005 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  

Ravendarat wrote:
. That amp is fine for one but to properly wire both subs up to that one amp you are only gonna get about 150 wrms per driver, which is severly underpowered, look to the 1200.1 for your needs.

I disagree..UNLESS the L7's will be put in a small sealed box. They should do fine ported in a decent size box.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
wrathchild281 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2005 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
both of them are gonna be in my center console downfiring, i have a dodge dakota ext. cab. so ya its gonna be sealed and sorta small. what amps do u guys recommend and can i run them to an amp at 2 ohms?
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2005 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
He had said before that they were going to be ina  center console and if they were both in one center console then I just took for granted that they were gonna be in a small sealed enclosure. I am apperently in the minority, because I think the solo baric subs dont sound to bad, esspecially the eights, however they are power hungry which is why I suggested the 1200.1. Wire it to 4 ohms and get 300 wrms per driver, it should work out well.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 08, 2005 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
Here is the tech manual.......everything you need to know.
audiobass10 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2005 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  

Ravendarat...I also don't mind how the solobarics sound. I've heard better things about the 8's 10's and 12's than the 15's however..i have heard the 12's and 15's sealed and liked both setups. Ported..the solobarics turn into a strict SPL sub IMO...what is the power handling on the 8's by the way?

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
audiobass10 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2005 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  
Ravendarat..I agree..the solobarics do not sound too bad at all in sealed enclosures. Ported however..I think they turn into a strict spl sub. Rav..sorry if i misunderstood you..I got off track and forgot where he was planning on putting the subs..anways..whats the power handling on the 8's?
Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
wrathchild281 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2005 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
each sub is 450 watts rms and 900 peak. so u guys are saying i have to wire the subs at 4ohms and not 2. I hate to buy a 1200 watt amp and only use half the power as well as the price compared to another 600 watt amp. let me know if thats my only option, thanks.
Ravendarat 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2005 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
As I stated earlier, you can wire into one ohm mono, two ohms stereo, or 4 ohms mono. Now in theroy 2 ohm stereo and 4 ohm mono is gonna pull the same power outta your amp and its gonna be hard to find a decent amp that is one ohm mono and not heat up like a biotch. Where are you mounting this amp anyways. I did not see if you said so but is size gonna be a factor?
wrathchild281 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
no size isnt really a factor with putting the amp somewhere.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic