icon

2000 F250 Alarm Keyless RS

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Pyromed1 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  

I'm installing a Crimestopper CS-2011RS IV in my 2000 F250 Superduty w/ Diesel Engine.  I think I've found all the wires except the glow plug.  This alarm has built in Diesel Glow Plug Delay feature.  Should I use this feature or is the glow plug connection better.  I'm sure I can find the wire if I try a little harder.

Also, My truck has keyless entry.  Do I need to use diodes between the alarm and lock wires?  If yes, which way do the diodes need to go?

Thanks,

Corey

thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
"I'm installing a Crimestopper CS-2011RS IV in my 2000 F250 Superduty w/ Diesel Engine. I think I've found all the wires except the glow plug. This alarm has built in Diesel Glow Plug Delay feature. Should I use this feature or is the glow plug connection better. I'm sure I can find the wire if I try a little harder."
Look for the glow plug wire, the timing is a lot better. Delay feature is hard to get it precise.
"Also, My truck has keyless entry. Do I need to use diodes between the alarm and lock wires? If yes, which way do the diodes need to go?"
NO.
7CB_1090.pdf
Wait to start BLACK/ pink   -   instrument cluster or PCM
FORD, F SERIES SUPER DUTY, 2000, Wait to start
This wire MUST be diode isolated from the instrument cluster to keep the battery from draining, see DirectFax document 1090.
Can also be located in the main harness that runs on the inside of the firewall to the left of the brake pedal.
Power Lock pink / YELLOW       
Power Unlock pink/lt. green
FORD, F SERIES SUPER DUTY, 2000, Power Lock
Non-keyless versions are 5 wire located in the driver door harness. Keyless versions are negative trigger located in a gray molex plug to the right side of the steering column.
FORD, F SERIES SUPER DUTY, 2000, Power Unlock
Non-keyless versions are 5 wire located in the driver door harness. Keyless versions are negative trigger located in a gray molex plug to the right side of the steering column.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.2000 F250 Alarm Keyless RS -- posted image.
Pyromed1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for all the Info.  I keep seeing the following:

This wire MUST be diode isolated from the instrument cluster to keep the battery from draining, see DirectFax document 1090.

Where is "DirectFax document 1090".  Couldn't even google it.  Should I put the diode at the end of the wire coming from the alarm?  Which way does the diode go?

Sorry, I'm an electrical Idiot.

Corey

Pyromed1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
Pyromed1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  

Help.  I have my instrument cluster out and I can't find the tach wire.  There is no WHITE/ Pink.  I have Multimeter.  Nothing seems to read 1 to 6 volt.  Am I doing something wrong?  I have it set on VAC at the 200 setting.  All I get is a bunch of readings at about 25.0 to 26.0 or so.  I clueless when it come to these things.

Corey

thepencil 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
The white plug attach to the insturment cluster contain the WHITE/ pink tach wire. Are you using a Fluke meter? If not that might be your problem. I had a cheap mulitimeter when I first started. Reading was 13V ac when it should have been 3.4V ac.
You can tell that you have found the correct wire when the reading on the meter moves up and down by the reving of the engine with the stepping on the gas pedal.      
Another wiring diagram indicate that you can also find the white pink near the alternator.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.2000 F250 Alarm Keyless RS -- posted image.
Pyromed1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  

I have one of these:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=03482141000&subcat=Multi-Meters%2C+Testers+%26+Accessories

I think I found it under the dash, WHITE/ Pink.  It moves with the engine rpm, but it powers up with the accessories.  The meter read 0.00 with no key, then it's in the low 20's when I turn the key to "ON".  After the truck is started it goes to 25 or so then it got up to 29 or so when the engine is reved.  I can't find a setting that shows 1 to 6 volts.

Corey

thepencil 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
The meter is fine and will serve the purpose, might not be as accurate when you want it to be.
It doesn't sound like you got the correct wire. Should not have any reading with key ON. You can try if the remote starter will accept the tach signal. It's an input signal going into the remote starter unit so there is not harm to the unit if it isn't signal. The remote starter unit will rejected it if the signal is not correct.
Pyromed1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  

OK.  It's installed and working great.  I ended up using the timer instead of the glow plug wire.  I could not find the correct wire.  The BLACK/ Pink wire did not work.  The timer seems to work good.

Is there possibly another color for the glow plug wire in a 2000 F250?

Corey

thepencil 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
Glow Plug Wire Can Be Found As BLACK/ PINK (-) In Pin 37 Of A 40 Pin Connector On Firewall (Lower Of 3 Connectors.)Installer Note: BLACK/ Pink 22 Gage Wire In Big Wire Harness Far Left Side.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic