icon

Here Are Pinouts for GM OEM DVD Panasonic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wmanning 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  

These are the pinouts for the GM Panasonic flip down DVD player found in most Escalades Denali's Tahoes and Suburbans. I got these right from GM  the document ID# is 1399571 and 1399582

Can someone tell me how to make this thing work?????

On the 16 pin Connector

pin 1 YEL Battery Positive Voltage, pin 2 Tan Acc, pin 3 ORN Ident, pin 4 DK GRN Baclight Gound, pin 5 LT. BLU Video + , pin 6 DK BLU Ground, pin 7 BRN Audio Right, pin 8 PPL Audio Left,  pin 9 WHT Backlight Batt+, pin 10 GRY Bus Data fron Display, pin 11 RED Bus Data to Display, pin 12 BLK +5 Volts, pin 13 PINK Video - , pin 14 BARE Video Shield, pin 15 BARE Audio Shield, pin 16 LT. GRN Audio Common,

On the 12 pin Connector

pin 1 not used, pin 2 LTGRN/BLK VCM Class2 Serial Data (Data Link Connector), pin 3 and 4 Not Used, pin 5 DK GRN/WHT Right Audio Signal, pin 6 BRN/WHT Left Audio Signal, pin 7 BLK/WHT Ground, pin 8 Not Used, Pin 9 ORN Battery Voltage, pins 10 and 11 Not Used, pin 12 BLK/WHT Audio Common

The 8 pin Connector is Audio and Video inputs

Thanks in advance for any help

jpf22467 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,

When you say the numbers, how do you know where #1 is? If I look at the back of the dvd player, is #1 in the top right? and do the numbers run across the top, then start again on the bottom row> or does it go 1 top, 2 bottom, 3 top (2nd slot) 4 is bottom 2nd slot)?

please help

Also, my colrs dont match up with the colors you mentioned on the 16 pin plug

wmanning 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  

if your looking at the back of the DVD unit  you have 3 connectors pins are right to left with 1 being the top right and 2 being the top right second pin then it goes right to left for the bottom row

but i'm starting to think that the DVD is intergrated with the ECM/VCM, also your vehicle should already have the harness in the roof according to my contact at my local gm service  from 2002 to present these rear seat entertainment systems are the same as far as pinout and color codes.

jpf22467 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the info. I am just trying to clarify before i fry my system.

If I am looking at the back of the dvd player ( I do not hae the wires or harness, I am running a line directly to the system).

Starting on the left side (from the back), I have a 12 pin opening, then a 16 pin opening. The 16 pin connects with the screen.

The 12 pin should accept the power and ground. I will be getting the power from the overhead dome light (mine is actually a 2003, not an 04, I had a typo in my first post). I have checked and there is not pre wire in the overhead.

If I am looking at the back of the unit, in the 12 pin opening. Am I to run power to the lower row, 3rd from right?.

Ground to the lower row, last pin in lower right corner?

I am just double checking. I would have thought the pin numbers would have started in the top left and run left to right (as you read). Your post siad to read the numbers from right to left? I just want to confirm where the power and ground need to connect.

Thanks for all of your help

Jim

P.S.  Any thoughts why my interior lights seem to work, but my reading light buttons dont? Is there a seperate fuse for the reading light buttons? None of them work, but al of the interior lights work

Thanks,

Jim

wmanning 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  

Yes 3rd from right lower row is 12v power 1st lower right to left is ground...

as for your map/reading lights yes they are on a different fuse not sure which one bt the dome light should be on the same fuse with your horn...

by the way you will need to do something with the serial data line or the unit will not turn on that will be the second from right top row.

best of luck

fast4popper 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2005 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
I am trying to interface this to an Eclipse deck and i want the audio to go into the "aux input" do I have to get signal behind the deck or can I get it up at the dvd player?  any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks guys!
jpf22467 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 7:16 AM / IP Logged  

Thnkas again for the info, this really helps. Any thoughts on what I should do with the serial data line? Am I getting in over my head?  I have head that this plugs inot some "hub" that is connected to several other expensive parts.

Thanks again,

jim

Fyrcaptain 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  

Anyone know for sure if the wiring harness for the factory DVD player is already up in the roof?

Before I buy a used factory DVD player I want to make sure it will literally be a plug in play install.

Thanks

Fyrcaptain 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  

Jim, what are you installing your player in?

How did the install go as far as attaching it to the roof of the vehicle?

Did you cut the headliner out in the same pattern as the factory?

Thanks

jpf22467 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I have not installed it yet. It is going into a 2003 Tahoe Z71 with Sunroof. My Tahoe was not wired for the sunroof. As far as I have learned, they should all be wired from 2004 -

I plan on installing it in the same place as the factory units. I will probally move the dome light.

I am hoping to hear back from some of the posts to find out how to hook up the data wire and where to hook it to. I am a little worried about frying some expensive computers if I hook a wire to the wrong thing.

Jim

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic