Multiple amplifiers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
949customs 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
forbidden wrote:

Mark, before your decisions are made based on the input from this forum, did you take the time to follow the link I gave you?

yes I did, and I tracked down Defro13's post, but from what I could find, the ones he got were recalled, and that the new generation wouldn't have the same mechanical problems as his ones did... other than that I didn't find his review of them if he wrote one.

Mark

jmckinney10 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  

The two cars i have heard with the type x's sounded pretty good.  One of the systems was a bit underpowered but didnt sound horrible.

As for amping them... im sure im gonna catch crap for this but you should consider the Alphasonik PMA1000HCA which is rated at 3000watts to 1 channel at 1 ohm

oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
MRD-M1001s for $199? Thats a good deal.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
tnelson 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
"MRD-M1001s for $199? Thats a good deal." if it's legit
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, I have seen what I'm convinced was conterfit Alpine. Many other brands for that matter. Be careful.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
oonikfraleyoo 
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
~
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
949customs 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  

this is not stolen equipment that I'm talking about. just because I am not buying it at a Futureshop, or the local audio dealer, doesn't mean that it has to be stolen... I have a connection for Alpine stuff, and I can get it at a little over the manufature's price...

Mark

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  

The only time I've listened to a type x sub was with deep bass music that someone at one of the local shops was playing. It was loud but I didn't really get to listen to how it would actually perform with real music. If you can, listen to the subs before you buy them, then decide on whether or not to purchase them.

949customs 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  

I am leaning towards some JL W7's to tell you the truth after doing some more research on the X's, but thats guys...

Mark

MBZ oe 
Silver - Posts: 385
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
I heard a pair of type-x's running of a 1000 watt soundstream and they sounded pretty good. The only thing is they have failed and been replaced under warranty twice in a couple of months. They seem to get so hot that the cone seperates from motor structure. That is only one person though so maybe he's the unlucky one.....
boom, boom, boom boom....
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic