icon

Power from Alternator

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
diabolicaldon 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
The stock wire in my 2000 camaro went directly from the alternator to the battery, so of course that's how i ran the upgraded wire.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
I always leave all the factory wires, then just add a wire from the alt to the battery, and a new ground from alt to battery.  In my truck i have on the side posts all the factory  positive and negitive wires, then on the top (+) post i have my alt wire run with 0 awg, and my power wire to the amps . And i have a 0 awg groung to body, and 0 awg ground to alt both to the top post as whell.   Ground resistance is believe it or not 0 ohm in my engine compartment Power from Alternator - Page 2 -- posted image.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
DDexter 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
you did not mention fuses.  the OEM wiring has a fusible link.  If you upgrade the wiring, you must fuse it accordingly.  Be sure to locate your fuses propely (as close to the power source as possible)
hoaxs 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
I thought it was impossible to get 0 ohms.  Only real close to it. 
Hurry get me a steel hanger, elec tape, zip ties, a monkey and a snorgle. trust me i've ran wires with less
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
its reading .002, which is the same reading i get when i touch the 2 test leads together on my dmm, i couldn't believe it either, but meh, im not complaining.  IM shure the resistance is much higher in the back, i haven't tested there yet since i have no equipment in rite now.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
MBZ oe 
Silver - Posts: 385
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  

Heres how I did mine- 0ga from alt to a 0ga T-block where I split  to amp fuse and to battery with 0ga . Then I ran a 4ga to my factory power block. 0ga for grounds and to the back.  I get no interference/noise with this setup but I also use high quality RCA's and ran them down one side of car and power wires down the other. Power from Alternator - Page 2 -- posted image.

boom, boom, boom boom....
hoaxs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the pic, it's belivable now.  The only reason why i have my setup so ghetto rig is because, im 17 with a car note, insurance bill, phone bill, computer bill, and gas bill.  It gets hard with a expensive hobby like this. So i try to make do with what i got.  Thanks for all your help guys.
Hurry get me a steel hanger, elec tape, zip ties, a monkey and a snorgle. trust me i've ran wires with less
hoaxs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  

This last post has nothing to do with this.  i was confused and thought i was in a diffrent one.  But the same still goes for the pic.

hoaxs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  

This last post has nothing to do with this.  i was confused and thought i was in a diffrent one.  But the same still goes for the pic.

hoaxs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
The last post had nothing to do with the disscussion i was confused with another post.  Thanks for the pic though.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic