icon

2001 Chevrolet Suburban Alarm/Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dmurray14 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2005 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  
OK guys, thanks so much for the help! I went out and got another multimeter since I couldn't find my other one. Found all the wires except the factory disarm. I was looking for the green wire in the purple plug, but in my truck that wire gets 12+ all the time. I found a white wire that jumps to 12v when pressing unlock on the factory remote. Could this be it? If not, I'm baffled.
Thanks again guys,
Dan
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2005 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
It should be pin B3 lt. green in the purple plug at BCM. You need to be looking for a (-)NEGATIVE pulse when disarmed. Put your Positive red DMM lead to +12v constant and the Negative black lead on the lt. green wire. Then turn the key in the driver door to test it. Should only show voltage when the key is turned to unlock the door.
You can also find it in the driver's kick panel which is to the left of your feet when seated. You'll have to remove the plastic covering and maybe pull the carpet back a little. But check pin 3 first on the BCM's purple plug.
iskidoo 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2005 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
The BCM (Body Control Module) is located behind the driver side of the dash. The plugs face towards the rear of the vehicle.
iskidoo 
Posted: March 06, 2005 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  
2001 Chevrolet Suburban Alarm/Remote Start - Page 4 -- posted image.
dmurray14 wrote:
Additionally, the brown plug at the BCM has 4 light blue wires in it and 2 white wires. How the heck am I supposed to figure out which lock and unlock the car?
Your White Unlock wire should be the 3rd wire from the left in the pic and the Lt. Blue Lock is the 4th wire.
dmurray14 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2005 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  

OK cool, thanks! Last question (I hope)...this is the wire I am to use for the tach right? Light blue on drivers side of engine? I put the multimeter up to it and got about .1-.3 V AC depending on RPMs. Does that make sense?

Thanks again,

Dan

2001 Chevrolet Suburban Alarm/Remote Start - Page 4 -- posted image.

iskidoo 
Posted: March 06, 2005 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
Try using the white wire at the ECM. The ECM (Engine Control Module) is located near the battery, down low, between the fender and the fan under the black plastic cover. On the 4.3L, the tach wire is at pin 20 in the connector labeled red. On the 4.8L, 5.3L, and 6.0L, the tach wire is located at pin 10 in the red connector.
dmurray14 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2005 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
It's all done! Everything works perfectly. Thanks a lot for all the help, guys, I really appreciate it!
Dan
boomer_106 
Silver - Posts: 710
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2005 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
2001 Chevrolet Suburban Alarm/Remote Start - Page 4 -- posted image.  Cool glad you got it. Sit  back with your favorite beverage and admire your work.
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic