icon

Bypass clutch on VW Jetta 98

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Lubuspl 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 5 speed VW Jetta 98 and I want to install a auto start car alarm on it. I got the Prestige APS 996. Just wondering how to bypass the clutch? Another question I have is if I need any other relays to make the alarm work? Thank you.
Lubuspl 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
I forgot to mention that I have cruise control. Will bypassing the clutch make the cruise control not work beacuse if is sensative to the pressing of the clutch pedal.
dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 6:56 AM / IP Logged  

no there is two plugs at clutch the first is the one you need the second is the cruise control. there are two wires at plug you have to make a relay like that

85 is ground from remote start

86 12v(+) put a fuse

87 is a jump from one wire at clutch

30 is the other jump from the other wire at clutch

that way you keep the factory settings of the clutch and is only by pass when you make remote start, MAKE SURE YOU LEFT YOUR CAR IN NEUTROLBypass clutch on VW Jetta 98 -- posted image.

how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
Lubuspl 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you soo much [:D]
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2005 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
The APS-996 Remote Start/Alarm System is designed to be used with Automatic Transmission- Fuel
Injection Vehicles Only! Automatic Transmission!
Lubuspl 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2005 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
There is always a way around it! That is because they dont want to get sued when someone leaves there car in gear and hits someone or something.
iskidoo 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2005 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah there's a way around everything including common sense but you should be using a remote starter designed for a manual transmission. Let me guess your next words. "I'm not one of those guys that forgets his car in gear without the ebrake on. I'm always safe so I'm not worried about it." They make manual safe units for a reason.
spl-Hz 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2005 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  

One night of booze is all it takes to leave that sucker in gear. Good Luck!!

Lubuspl 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2005 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
Do you know how manual auto starter works, they are a pain in the ass and cost twice the amount of a regular alarm. I guess about the boozing, your not that smart so no wonder you would leave your can in gear. (I want to keep my car not get it taken away for drunk driving)
iskidoo 
Posted: March 08, 2005 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah I ought to know how they work, I install them. They only require a few steps to consciously insure that your being safe. Engine running, nuetral, e-brake up, tap brake twice, exit vehicle. I guess the only thing that makes it a pain in the ass is the extra step of having to tap that brake pedal twice.
Sixty seven bucks for basic start/keyless shipped is hardly twice the cost. http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=ult1256m
I've seen 2-way paging systems on Ebay for $112.00 shipped. http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&category=48611&item=5736827502&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V
And 2-way paging with Alarm for $142.00 shipped. http:///.com/ebaymotors/dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5717547448&category=33724&sspagename=WD1V
This is very difficult....
Auto Reservation Mode
Step 1 - While the vehicle is running, place into neutral and apply the park brake.
Step 2 - Press and release the brake pedal twice. The park lights will flash twice,
the horn (optional) will honk twice and the doors will unlock (optional).
Step 3 - Turn the ignition key off and the vehicle will continue running.
Step 4 - Exit the vehicle and close all the doors. The vehicle will then shut off.
http://ultrastarters.com/manuals_download_pdf/English/MAN-1250MXX-OWNERS-US.pdf
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic