icon

2V vs 4V Deck, Difference?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dasmodul 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2005 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
I'm debating between an Alpine 9855 (4V) and 9853 (2V). The only difference between the decks is a biolite display on the higher one and 4v vs. 2v. What difference do the extra 2Volts make? I don't listen to musik very loud and am designing my system for SQ. Thanks.
deocder 
Copper - Posts: 138
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2005 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
Read this thread.
WTB: Black Leather Acura GSR seats
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2005 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
Personally i would go back a year and get a CDA-9835, but in the 2 options you have there, go for the 9855 if your looking for sq, since the higher output voltage will make it easier to match the input voltage on your amps, and less noise will get into the signal.   Are you bent on just alpine? or can i suggest an Eclipse with the 8 volt pre outs?  same prices and features by the way.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2005 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
Here is an important question for ya, are you gonna use outboard amps to power your speakers or are you just gonna use the built in amp on the deck. Cause if you are just using the onboard power than the preouts have absolutly no bearing on your system
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2005 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  
The Alpine 9833 is on sale for $299 over at Crutchfield. It has 4V output.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2005 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
^^^ adds to his sig, and friends don't let friends buy Sony.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
dasmodul 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2005 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
-I liked the look of the new Alpines better than the old ones. A little more sleek.
- I love the sound of Eclipse, but especially the new ones, look like junk to me. I liked the older styling better. And I'm not a big fan of their "security system".
Quick rundown of system is:
Deck = Undecided
Amps = Arc Audio 4150 and 900.1D
Speakers = Rainbow 3pc Profi Vanadium (front)
           Arc Audio 2pc CS265 (rear)
Sub = JL Audio 10" stealthbox
Capicitor = Stinger
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2005 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  

In my 18 years in retail, their security system, followed by Blaupunkt's is the only one that has stood up to the test of time. A thief can steal anything, even a unit without a detach face and it happens all the time. Detach face does not work as 99.99% of the people do not remove the face and take it with them, they leave it in the car because they don't want to take it into the bar with them, or the grocery store, or to go clothes shopping for hours on end with the g/f.

As far as the looks on the new Eclispe's go, I did not care for the last incarnation of them but they grew on me and now I do like them. I think the new units are nice. Still the nice clean simple easy to use head units that they are known for with the best darn security system in existence (except for living in your ride and never leaving).

In 9 years I have had 5 customers units replaced for theft vs. 5 or more insurance claims a month for detach face...... something to think about. It is all about educating the person who comes in the door.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2005 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  
Bah, both of those decks suck compared to this beast!
I say tha tyou get this Nakamichi cd-400 It is $269 brand new!
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2005 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
Cough. I'd hardly call an ebay vendor product "brand new." And add $26 to shipping. :-) Good luck with that warranty.
Also, I wouldn't say they suck compared to the nak. The nak is VERY slim on features that a lot of people look for. It has nice sound and a clean look. For some people that is enough. For others it isn't. That particular unit also has some reliability problems.
Aggregate these considerations and I would not say those Alpines "suck" compared to that nakamichi.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic