icon

AVIC-N1 Software Downgrade

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
azq2421 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2005 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
the update is on pioneers website on the left side say mandatory update for avic n1 owners
12v_rep 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2005 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
That is mot the same thing. That is an upgrade for the N1, the CNDV-40M, not the new N2 software "upgrade". Pioneer sent out a memo saying the new CNDV-50MTP would not be available until June.
honda4x4nut 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2005 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
I am guessing that the AVIC-D1 will be the same kind of lock-out device. I would like to know how to bypass this as well but i did not see anything on there but you need to log on to view the catalog but its only for dealers. SOOOO if any one has a clue on how to do it would be great help, as my girlfriend will be getting this unit soon. Thanks again
Black 04 Cadillac Escalade EXT- 13 INCH suspension LIFT,37"nitto mud grapplers,22"MC2 Cadillac wheels, 05 touch screen Nav system, backup cam, Headrest and visor monitors and video input on nav system
12v_rep 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2005 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
Nothing to see online. Pioneer would not offer any suggestions anyway, they don't want it bypassed. The N2 works thru G-Scope, Speed Sensor and the E-Brake. You might bypass one, but not all 3.
homer1 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  

The AVIC-D1 will have the same lockout - I had a chance to play with a prototype for a couple days. Note on the D1, it does not play DVDs - 2 drives, CD for audio & DVD-ROM for the nav data disc. Any video has to be sent to it thru AV or backup camera.

If you disabled the gyro and/or the speed sense, you would affect the accuracy of the unit WHEN it is not recieving GPS, i.e.."dead reckoning".

I too was informed that we were at least 1more month out for the CNDV-50 upgrade discs set & was told it would change the video lockout to be like the N2/D1. With all the 'expeletive deleted' lawers out there that are willing to sue anyone for anything, I'm actually surprised it took PIONEER this long to start this...

I agree it would be nice to input new destintions, etc.. while moving, but you know someone - somewhere, will be working the nav, not pay attention & rear-end someone or hit a pedestrian. Then EVERYBODY sues PIONEER - the victim, the family, the person driving the car that wasn't looking('not my fault' defense). Stopping to work the unit is really the best thing to do.

As for as video, remember - it is illegal in most states to have 'video entertainment ' where the driver can see it. Liability statements, waivers for the customers to sign - you can and will still get sued if something happens.

Sorry about the rant - but I don't want see anyone get burnt...

Experience gained is directly proportional to the amount of equipment destroyed - break it & learn!
Ballerinstaller 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2005 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  

I have used the upgrade sent to me from Pioneer after I registered my N1 and after I updated my unit, I still had dvd capability whilst driving.  I accidently put my old disc into my n1 and the screen showed that it was updating the software again???  Maybe it reverted to the older version.  Unfortunately after I put my new disc back into the unit, all I had was a blinking cursor that said : Starting Pioneer navigation.........

It never turned on again.  It keeps on asking for the "proper disc".  After calling Pioneer help, I got a rep that told me to send the unit in.  Being a tech and  having a hookup at Bestbuy, I exchanged the head first, but the error was actually in the hideaway box with the gyro.  After that got swapped out, I was back online.  BTW, I would have had the whole kit and kaboodle exchanged, but the NEW head unit refused to open and extend the screen properly.

Now if only Pioneer would put a timer and a odometer in the performance guage screen so we can see our quarter mile speeds and times.....

Has anyone had any luck with hacking the navigation screens and Icons?  I'd love to make my own.  I tried to replace the sounds with my own .wav files, but they are ignored by the operating system.

Pioneer Avic-N1
Clarion 300 watt 4 channel amp
PPI PC21400 1400 watt amp
2x JL 12 inch w7's
Polk EX series in factory locations
2000 Impala LS
Baller Installer - Pete D.
rabenoja 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  

As for downgrading the software, the only way to do it is to send the unit in.  I've talked to the pioneer techs and that's what they said.  If that's the only reason for sending it in, they won't do it...at least the tech that I talked to won't do it.  Also, he told me the turn around time for the service would be at least 8 weeks!!!

It'll probably be easier to sell that unit and buy another one that hasn't been upgraded yet.

meltingplastic 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2005 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
where can i get this upgraded software? i just registered my avic-n1 and have no idea where to get it
Driving a Bagged, Caddied 02 s10
Ballerinstaller 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2005 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
Pioneer will send the package to you as a thank you for regestering your unit.
Just go to Pioneerusa.com and look under the car category. Choose Navigation and then look for the yellow box in the bottom left hand of the screen and follow the instructions.
If you already did this to register, Pioneer will drag their feet for about 5 months and send you your discs. I bought my N-1 in October and I got my discs in March.
Good Luck!
Pioneer Avic-N1
Clarion 300 watt 4 channel amp
PPI PC21400 1400 watt amp
2x JL 12 inch w7's
Polk EX series in factory locations
2000 Impala LS
Baller Installer - Pete D.
wilsonck 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2005 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
That link just says they'll send you version 1.1, which came with my unit.  How are people getting version 1.2 in the mail?  I have not received that one.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic