icon

i'm about to get this amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bmw9786 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  
im about to cop this amp  http://www.sonicelectrnix.com/item_2056.html  to run 3, 12 inch audiobahns 700 rms a peace http://www.sonicelectrnix.com/item_131.html.in a sealed box, and i was wondering if it will be ok to run this amp becasue it will be at a 2ohm level putting out around 1400 watts 2 my 3 SUBS THAT ARE 700 RMS A PEACE AND 1400 MAX ,so will it be ok like this or will it blow my subs because its "to much power"? thank u all 4 ur help!
i came,i saw, i forgot everything
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 1:29 AM / IP Logged  
Sigh.
First, piece is spelled "piece," not "peace" like war and peace.
Second, 3 dual 4-ohm drivers will give a 2.67 ohm load. So you'll get less than 1400w out of that amp. Even if you did get 1400 watts out of the amp, 1400 / 3 = 466, not 700.
Third, that stuff, especially the amplifier, is not quality for the money. You can do better. Stick around here for a bit and you'll see what good values are.
Unless your goal is to obtain a system that _might_ get loud, will probably break early, cost more than it should, and sound bad, don't get that setup.
I mean, dear god, here's a nice infinity reference woofer for less than that audiobahn from a reputable and authorized online retailer: http://www.cardomain.com/item/INFREF1232W
Here's a nice decent quality blaupunkt amp for you at the same price: http://www.cardomain.com/item/BLAPCA1300
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
bmw9786 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged  
kfr01 wrote:
Sigh.
First, piece is spelled "piece," not "peace" like war and peace.
Second, 3 dual 4-ohm drivers will give a 2.67 ohm load. So you'll get less than 1400w out of that amp. Even if you did get 1400 watts out of the amp, 1400 / 3 = 466, not 700.
Third, that stuff, especially the amplifier, is not quality for the money. You can do better. Stick around here for a bit and you'll see what good values are.
Unless your goal is to obtain a system that _might_ get loud, will probably break early, cost more than it should, and sound bad, don't get that setup.
  thanks 4 the info but i disagrree with u on the amp. my friend has one and he has the same exact subs as me in a triple sealed box and it is one of the loudest systems i have ever herd, have u had any experiences with this amp? or do u just not like boss? im on a budget and i have researched a hole bunch about this amp and the most common review i see about it is " i was unshure about this amp at 1st and wastnt shure what it was guna do but then i hooked it up and it pounded the hell outta my subs, its a really good value for the money ur spending"
bmw9786 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 1:45 AM / IP Logged  

correction he has this boss amp http://www.sonicelectrnix.com/item_218.html and it pounds the HELL out of the subs, what do u think about this amp kfr01?

kfr01 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 2:09 AM / IP Logged  
Researched a "whole" (not spelled "hole") bunch, have you?
You do know that "whole" implies that you researched the entire body of knowledge on this amplifier, right?
Tell me, during all this extensive research did you ever learn the fuse rating on this amp?
I know you're on a budget. I think you're getting ripped off.
bmw9786 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 2:12 AM / IP Logged  
kfr01 wrote:
Researched a "whole" (hole) bunch, have you?
You do know that "whole" implies that you researched the entire body of knowledge on this amplifier, right?
Tell me, during all this extensive research did you ever learn the fuse rating on this amp?
I know you're on a budget. I think you're getting ripped off.
  fuse rating on the 1st amp is 30Ax3 , what is it that u have against the amp i want to get
kfr01 
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged  
I think there are more honestly rated, clean, and reliable amplifiers WITH A WARRANTY for the same amount of money.
bmw9786 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 2:18 AM / IP Logged  
kfr01 wrote:
I think there are more honestly rated, clean, and reliable amplifiers for the same amount of money.
  can u list some  amps that will put out enough rms power to power 3, 700rms audiobahns for around 200-250? IM JUST TRYN 2 GET MY SYSTEM TO POUND AND WHAT IVE HERD FROM MY FRIENDS CAR MAKES ME A BOSS BELIEVER!
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 2:19 AM / IP Logged  
Just looking at an amp like this might tell you that sound quality isn't an issue. They amount of power to the dollar amount you are about to spend sounds very suspicious.
I too was at point where you are, with little money and appetite for bass, but I quickly learned that all that flash does little for the bang.
I would take what is being said her very serious, spending money on flashy items like this and those subs, winds up being very ignorant.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 2:21 AM / IP Logged  
Just looking at an amp like this might tell you that sound quality isn't a priority. The amount of power to the dollar amount you are about to spend sounds very suspicious.
I too was at point where you are, with little money and appetite for bass, but I quickly learned that all that flash doesn't get very loud.
I would take what is being said her very serious, spending money on flashy items like this and those subs, winds up being very frustrating.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic