icon

Unique Whips

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Crispix396 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  

i was really excited to see that show when it first came on, and then with in 30 minutes I was fed up.  Is it me or do they seem to go out of their way to make themselves look stupid.  They showed a time lapse when they were hooking up a rear view camera in a hummer for over an hour of 3 guys workign on it, and they waited on a part and one guy just laid under the car the whole time.  Then it didnt work and it was cuz they didnt ground it.  they told some kid in a 350z that if he wanted 3 10's instead of 2 that they would ahve to run 2 amps and that would raise his price up over a grand (might have been 800 bux but still)  to me, and i might be biased, the show made me laugh at how a place that does nothing can make money...

painted rims, 2 12's in a huge mdf box, amp on top, and a screen that drops down from the roof....???? that is not custom.  that is not unique.  Id rather watch american choppers...  however...

American choppers is about the 2nd worst thing on there too..  I dont care to watch the 2 of them fight, or listen to them whine about stuff..  I dont care to see a shop send all of its parts out and buy the other parts prebuilt.  prebuilt frame, prebuilt gas tanks, pre built fenders, mabey a set of custom rims (that they didnt make) an engine (that they didnt build) and a paint job (that they didnt paint)  what are they besides a great out sourceing company. Yes some of the bikes are neat... but still... 

And I personally hate when any company/magazine/tv show tried to make something sound way to cool... 'so we decided to go with this new technology that our supplier let us in on, and we think these <insert neon, air ride, led's tires> are really gonna be the wave of the future and really set this 'bike car van etc" off from all the others.  like reading a truck magazine and reading the description on the set of wheels. "bob finally set enough money back to go to a shop 500 miles away to get a custom set of eye popping 17's that protruded just enough from his hand painted fender wells to really give his truck that agressive stance.  Each one is hand wrapped in the finest rubber that money can buy with a low profile tire that just begs to be driven on."   thats an example of the kinda crap they say to just say " he got some cragar 17" wheels with the wrong offset and some Kumoh water tread wheels"

ok, enough from me, I would personally watch Overhaul, or monster garage.  Overhal for the actual time frame, and amount of work done, and monster garage just for the balls to do that kinda crap.  (and even over haul installs some crap stereos and none of the cars are really that fast...  so i guess i am just not easily satisfied...)

nothing amazing yet, but its coming
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic