icon

Unique Whips

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
Hey I just got this idea. They should have a show on the fishman. Or they should do a show on demo cars that take months to build. That would be interesting. How would you have liked to watch the Alpine cars being buit? I'd love to see that.
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
kosoku 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
Someone else had that idea already, because I watched a show - I think on the Discovery Channel - on Alpine's BMW X3 build-up. It may have been an episode of "Rides" on TLC. Anyone else catch that? Now that was good TV.
rogbidget 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know what song was playing when they were testing their "loudest system ever"?
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
I think American Chopper is still the best show.   The rest is just filler. Sad part about it is that I watch them when ever they are on.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.Unique Whips - Page 2 -- posted image.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
If they made a car audio show just like "Trucks", "Horsepower TV" and such like that it would be a pretty big hit with the car guys on weekends.  When Spike TV airs its power block, no matter what i have to do on weekends, i still just i sit my ass down and watch, no matter what they do, if its about vehicles, im there.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
juanpito 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2005 at 5:33 AM / IP Logged  
Pimp my Ride is over rated, I wonder who pays for all the stuff that are put into these cars. Alot of the owners don't have the money to transform there cars. Alot of cash are put into each car. (New Pant, Sounds, Rims Tires) etc........ 
Juan67
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2005 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
Just a question for you shop people. What do you guys think of the install quality on this show? Myself, I'm not really impressed. It is REALLY great for business if your an Alpine and JL dealer but I think the stereo installs are pretty average. What do you guys think?
SoundAudio 
Copper - Posts: 242
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2005 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
I think they are more oriented towards the whole vehicle make-over such as rims, interior, paint, suicide doors and such.  I compare them more to like West Coast Customs.  From what I have seen of the show, they have not shown their full capacity as A/V installers.  I have seen some of their work in magazines and the final product has been pretty impressive.  It doesn't really show how clean they are with the wiring and mounting or other behind the scenes stuff.  I would say their reputation is based more o the overall vehicle and the celebrity clientele, which is why they  have their show.  And remember it is on SPEED network not primetime.
hightek 
Copper - Posts: 223
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2005 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
i first saw an add for unique whips in a copy of Maxim. i thought it would be a pretty cool show. i was thinkin that the shop might be more high end than the west coat customs shop on pimp my ride. i started watchin UW and it was interesting for like 5 minutes. don't get me wrong, i love seein the designs. but i am more interested in how to build and install the stuff. i am not a shop owner nor a professional installer. i do head units for my friends and family and a few subs here and there as well as speakers. that's why i like american chopper, they show everything, even the stupid little arguments between Sr and Jr.
to me, the show is like alcohol, you can only take so much, then you get sick of it. fortunately for me i can take more alcohol that Unique Whips Unique Whips - Page 2 -- posted image.
hightek
alpine cda-9827
12" Brahma
Eclipse DA6213
and still working on it
hightek 
Copper - Posts: 223
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2005 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
i first saw an add for unique whips in a copy of Maxim. i thought it would be a pretty cool show. i was thinkin that the shop might be more high end than the west coat customs shop on pimp my ride. i started watchin UW and it was interesting for like 5 minutes. don't get me wrong, i love seein the designs. but i am more interested in how to build and install the stuff. i am not a shop owner nor a professional installer. i do head units for my friends and family and a few subs here and there as well as speakers. that's why i like american chopper, they show everything, even the stupid little arguments between Sr and Jr.
to me, the show is like alcohol, you can only take so much, then you get sick of it. fortunately for me i can take more alcohol that Unique Whips Unique Whips - Page 2 -- posted image.
hightek
alpine cda-9827
12" Brahma
Eclipse DA6213
and still working on it
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic