the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

For Adire fans

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  

For the many people on this and other boards who keep asking and complaining when oh when will Adire audio speakers be available again?

Read this forum message.

Support the12volt.com
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
Is it just me, or they a bit on the touchy side when it comes to people needing info on what they are trying to sell?
'85 Toy
97Avalonxls 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  

thanks for the update

bump

Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
Think of it this way. Wouldnt you get annoyed if you had people getting on you for info? I know i would be.
For this, i hope they take there sweet sweet time! Product in the end will be the BEST, and most likely cheaper!
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  

supradude wrote:
Is it just me, or they a bit on the touchy side when it comes to people needing info on what they are trying to sell?

The point is they are not trying to sell anything yet.  They have discontinued their entire old product line and are introducing an entirely new line of speakers.  So I think they are understandably touchy when people want info about products that don't exist yet!  When they are ready for sale, you can be sure plenty of info will be available, as usual from Adire.

Support the12volt.com
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
While it might be annoying for the dealers, some of the dealer's "f off, they'll be ready when they're ready" attitude that I've seen on various boards does nothing to help their cause.
How hard is it to communicate the same message without being smug and turning potential customers off? How hard is it to paint a positive picture instead?
Not hard. Some of the dealers deserve any sales they lose because of their coarse communication and crap business sense, in my opinion.
So, while it would be annoying, a good business person would be as friendly and positive as possible, smiling 100% of the way and giving every person with questions as much information as possible.
In sum, yes, the poor little dears' feelings are understandable. Should they suck it up and be more positive in the name of business like big boys and girls? Yes.
That said, it is no skin off my back if any dealer loses any sales. There's just no way I'm going to feel sorry for them or defend them.
Note: my comments aren't directed toward Adire in any way. Only some of their dealers - I doubt anyone would argue that their communication has been optimal.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
DYohn 
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
^^^ absolutely correct, and perhaps a bit of insight into possible future problems of having a dealer network?
Support the12volt.com
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
Good point. Their suboptimal communication as members of Adire's dealer network only reflects poorly on Adire.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
That is what I was talking about. kfr01 hit it right on the head. I have heard nothing but great things about ALL of their products. I have never owned any. While what I read won't deter me from buying from them, it might would cause some people to turn against them. I will still buy their products and see for myself what all of the hoopla is about. Everyone on this forum seems to love their subs. And this is the only forum that I ever look at. It just looked strange when I read what they were saying and their attitude towards possible customers.
'85 Toy
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
It's eye-opening how some audio equipment makers have used the world of online forum communication to their great advantage.  It's an extremely savvy business practice that works very well for those who do it right....while it fails miserably for those who don't understand how to correctly ply the online market ( see Carlos and his "monster sub").  Even buyers who would never actually order a product online, but would travel to buy from a dealer instead, use these forums to communicate with each other about products.  Now, just look at the desire and anticipation that exists for products that nobody has heard or seen yet!   I admire a good salesman.  And Donald Trump himself would approve. 
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic