the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

For Adire fans

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ravenndude 
Silver - Posts: 250
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
back when I was e-mailing Adire's tech about the 2 shivas vs 1 brahma thing I also got this:
From me:
Thanks a lot for your help.
One more question. Would it be better for me to get one of the older Brahmas now while I can still find them or should I wait for the new ones to come out (That is if they are out before the begining of August)?
--Matt
Reply from Adire:
Matt,
Either way works fine; the new Brahmas will be rolling in 4-6 weeks.
Thanks,
Adire Tech Support
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
Vapor is vapor and hype is hype and BS is, well, stinky.  It's the same in all industries, but the audio world seems especially full of charlitans, hucksters and fakes.  The Carlos thread is especially funny and agravating at the same time and is the perfect example of how hype is spun.  Maybe he works for Volfentechnikeacoustabahn.
Support the12volt.com
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
wohoo!!!!!!!!! Gotta go get some of those Volfentechnikeacoustabahn's! Heard that was the new hype on the market DYohn. Have any spec sheets on them so I can run a comparison?? I found a place online that deals them for $350 a piece, think I'll still get a warranty??
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
nike sub...hmm. they swoosh instead of boom.lol
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 01, 2005 at 3:15 AM / IP Logged  

Hey guys.

I hope I'm not going to be stoking the fire by asking this quesion.  But where are our dealers being unprofessional?  I did see Josh get on one guy who was calling people names and behaving inappropriately.  But he was doing his job as a moderator by telling him he needs to change his attitude or he would be banned.  I also know that the original "release" thread got a little hairy in there.  But it got a little crazy with repeated inquiries for more information, ignoring the comment that there would be no more information released yet and the repeated expounding of that point within the thread by us and our dealers.  Plus there was a LOT of speculation based on very limited information that went way overboard.  You could be talking about Kyle clearing things up about that guy who was griping about his bad luck in ordering a sub.  But I don't blame Kyle for clarifying some non-truths by that guy that were designed to make Kyle's company, and ours look bad. 

Is that what you guys were talking about?  Or did I miss something else that was handled unprofessionally?

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2005 at 4:14 AM / IP Logged  
You didn't miss a thing. I haven't witnessed any dealers being outright unprofessional with regards to Adire related matters. I had no particular thread in mind.
Again, I was thinking of no particular posts or threads.
My post, and I believe the others too, were more picking up on some of your dealers' general negative aggregate attitude and air toward customers that are interested in learning information. This is an impression that myself, and obviously others, find quite peculiar!
Adire's unique products, partially driven by the exclusive nature of your XBL^2 technology, created a nice niche market demand. i.e. people want your goods. :-) By discontinuing production of the current line well before the new line from Chile, Adire and its new dealer network is stuck in a market loop with high niche demand and no supply. This is a suboptimal situation. Customers will become frustrated. Customers will leave. This behavior isn't the customer's fault. The customers shouldn't be chastised for being impatient. These results and customer behavior are a predictable reality of the market gap in supply that has been created. Given the same supply and demand structure, the same behavior would happen if you were selling candy, shoes, or tractors.
Conventional wisdom, and common business sense, would suggest that there is an optimal way to handle such a problem. The optimal strategy would attempt to approach the smallest number of customers lost, confused, and frustrated and would attempt to maximize post gap demand, customer sentiment, and profits.
Adire and their dealer network have quite obviously failed to implement this optimal strategy. This should be readily apparent to anyone reading any car audio board lately.
Is this situation horrible? No. Your demand and reputation is high enough to experience some customers substituting alternative products for yours.
Am I surprised that Adire and their dealers have not handled the situation differently? Yes.
My surprise results from the fact that causal connections to the negative effects you're experiencing are relatively clear.
-Examples-
Negative effect: the customers are confused.
Cause: the communication has been poor.
Negative effect: the customers are growing negative.
Cause: the communication hasn't been positive.
Sigh. Too much crap is in my head and I've been up for too many hours. Sorry for the rambling that no one probably cares about.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
Steven Kephart 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 01, 2005 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  

I re-read most of the posts out there by our dealers, and I guess I fail to see even their "negative aggregate attitude ".  I did see a little agrivation in the posts I mentioned above.  However I believe in both cases they were in the right to be agitated. 

People keep complaining about the communication being poor.  I don't know why they feel that we owe them a full explanation of the full inner workings within Adire and our complete business strategy.  We have to be VERY careful with timing and the amount of information released that doesn't have a negative impact on our sales, or the sales of our dealers.  We also have to be very careful when offering a time of release.  Every time we help by giving our best guess with a generality of "probably around February" and something comes up to delay that release, we get people yelling that we lied and missed our "promised" release date.  This type of attitude has forced us to be very nigardly in the information we release.  If our attempts to offer as much information as we can to our customers is going to come back to bite us, then we just won't offer as much information.  You can't bite the hand that feeds you when you know you are going to be hungry in the future.  I think Dan was very nice in releasing some information about what to expect in our new product line, and you saw where that went. 

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2005 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
I would have to say Adires communication is some of the best i have seen.  Try getting info about an up and comming product for Alpine, JL, Eclipse, all the big names, , you wont get squat.  Heck, when the type-x sub was comming out, alpine wouldn't tell us squat, even tho we were building a demo car just for the type-x subs , all  we needed was an approx enclosure size, , they wouldn't give any info.    I asked adire a few weeks back about dimensions of the new sub, and enclosure reccomendations so i can prepare, and guess what.. they gave it to me.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2005 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
Steven Kephart wrote:

I re-read most of the posts out there by our dealers, and I guess I fail to see even their "negative aggregate attitude ".  I did see a little agrivation in the posts I mentioned above.  However I believe in both cases they were in the right to be agitated. 

People keep complaining about the communication being poor.  I don't know why they feel that we owe them a full explanation of the full inner workings within Adire and our complete business strategy.  We have to be VERY careful with timing and the amount of information released that doesn't have a negative impact on our sales, or the sales of our dealers.  We also have to be very careful when offering a time of release.  Every time we help by giving our best guess with a generality of "probably around February" and something comes up to delay that release, we get people yelling that we lied and missed our "promised" release date.  This type of attitude has forced us to be very nigardly in the information we release.  If our attempts to offer as much information as we can to our customers is going to come back to bite us, then we just won't offer as much information.  You can't bite the hand that feeds you when you know you are going to be hungry in the future.  I think Dan was very nice in releasing some information about what to expect in our new product line, and you saw where that went. 

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Steven, I really like you, but your post is a perfect example.  The fact that Adire affiliated employees convey that your information is the "hand" for us to "bite" or that you don't "owe" us anything is like nothing I've ever seen verbalized to customers. 

Adire had the opportunity to convey all the information it is currently conveying (and no more!) clearly, positively, and effectively. 

It has obviously not done this. 

The fact Dyohn felt the need to do Adire's job by forwarding us a link to a post on another forum, containing a poorly written and rude command to customers, should CLEARLY show you MUCH room for improvement. 

The fact is that in a tough business situation like the one you've been in you either have the opportunity to make the best of it or not.  You have the opportunity to be clear and consise and positive.  You have the opportunity to impress customers with your positive attitude or not.  You have the opportunity to be optimal or not.  You have the opportunity to help customers understand a huge supply gap or not.  You have the opportunity to make customers feel like they are important or like they are biting your hand.

Adire did not take these opportunities.  I don't understand why.  You could do all these things telling us LESS than you have been.

Adire's communication has been sub-optimal.  You could have turned this into a positive situation.  You didn't. 

Hey, I'm not complaining, I could care less how people talk to me.  I'm trying to HELP ADIRE by making observations and suggestions based on my education and limited experience.  If Adire doesn't want to take my advice to be more positive and make customers feel like THEY are the important party, fine by me. 

Just know that I'm not making this up out of thin air - every inch of scholarship I've read on the subject of business communication would agree with me.

SURELY you AT LEAST agree that there's room for improvement.  :-)

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
Steven Kephart 
Posted: April 01, 2005 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  

kfr01 wrote:

Steven, I really like you, but your post is a perfect example.  The fact that Adire affiliated employees convey that your information is the "hand" for us to "bite" or that you don't "owe" us anything is like nothing I've ever seen verbalized to customers. 

I was giving an illustration on how people were acting.  The simple fact of the matter is that Dan decided to be nice and release some information for those that kept asking, and it blew up into a whole fiasco.  Dan intended on releasing more information later (as he hinted in his post), but decided not to based on what happened with the information he already released.  He fed his customers information and they bit his hand. 

kfr01 wrote:
Adire had the opportunity to convey all the information it is currently conveying (and no more!) clearly, positively, and effectively. 

The information Dan provided was conveyed positively and effectively I thought.  How could he have done it differently?

kfr01 wrote:
The fact Dyohn felt the need to do Adire's job by forwarding us a link to a post on another forum, containing a poorly written and rude command to customers, should CLEARLY show you MUCH room for improvement. 

My involvement in this forum is strictly to offer my somewhat unique knowledge and experience to you guys.  I make an effort not to push our product onto you guys because it isn't fair to you guys and also breaks the rules of this forum.  For me to post this as a thread would have been nothing but me pushing our product.  Now I have provided several links to Dan's post with this information in areas where it was helpful.  But that is as far as I will go with it.

As for the way Josh posted the thread, I believe he was just making sure everyone saw and understood that part.  In the previous thread people completely ignored that part and kept asking for more information.  I don't blame him for not wanting that thread to turn into the previous one.   

kfr01 wrote:
The fact is that in a tough business situation like the one you've been in you either have the opportunity to make the best of it or not.  You have the opportunity to be clear and consise and positive.  You have the opportunity to impress customers with your positive attitude or not.  You have the opportunity to be optimal or not.  You have the opportunity to help customers understand a huge supply gap or not.  You have the opportunity to make customers feel like they are important or like they are biting your hand.

Adire did not take these opportunities.  I don't understand why.  You could do all these things telling us LESS than you have been.

Again, I just don't see this "negativity" you speak of in those threads.  In fact if you read my posts you will see me joking at times.  There was quite a bit of negativity coming from the guy who was bitching about his bad luck.  But he was claiming some falicies that were designed to make us and our dealers look bad.  Kyle and Dan stepped in and nicely cleared up the facts of the situation.  Sure Kyle was a little agitated.  But I don't blame him after what the guy said.  

We sometimes have customers who feel ripped off by our decisions who like to take their plight to the public forums.  They post their side of things and rally peole against us.  So we go in there and explain the full situation and people understand our reasoning behind our decisions.  I don't see the situation with Kyle any different, and I think he handled it just fine.   

kfr01 wrote:
Adire's communication has been sub-optimal.  You could have turned this into a positive situation.  You didn't. 

Again, how was our communication "sub-optimal"?  We have to be very strategic in what information we release so as not to hurt our dealers or ourselves.  We have been as forthcoming with information as we could be.  I know that peole are anxious for the new product, specs for the new product, and a firm release date.  Previously people were also anxious about any information becides "our line increasing by 500%".  But there is nothing we can do about it.  People are just going to have to be patient.  But please don't blame the complaining that impatience brings on us as there really isn't anything we can do about it. 

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic