icon

For Adire fans

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2005 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
Perfect example of saying that a product will be out at this point..but is delayed..and delayed and delayed...is the doom 3 game for xbox.
After second delay i pulled my order and lost complete interest.
What adire is doing is trying to prevent that. But the action with pulling stock before new stuff rolls in...wasnt the greatest idea. People are recommending these subs for the past month, but now they cant get them.
I think they are planned out right and shouldnt release any info until they 100% ready to do so. Otherwise...what if there is a mix up...or accident that stops production or anything that could hurt them. Adire is in a HUGE business. They are playing it safe. Im sure customers will come back once they see what they are dishing out again.
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
ravenndude 
Silver - Posts: 250
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  
Maxst wrote:
Perfect example of saying that a product will be out at this point..but is delayed..and delayed and delayed...is the doom 3 game for xbox.
or how about Half-Life 2 for PC ... that was supposted to be released years ago =\
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
Steven:
Again, you fail to see my point. I'm not talking about releasing MORE information. Again. You could release less information and my point would stand. Again. I'm not saying MORE.
I'm talking about the FORM and LANGUAGE of the communication.
Take any communication by the dealers to any business communication consultant and none would say it was conveyed optimally. They'd probably recommend complete sentences, not giving commands to your customers, not making it seem like we need you, but the other way around, and probably start with something like "Dear Valued Customers:."
note: I'm not necessarily being literal with the "Dear Valued Customer" part, I'm just saying this is the message that ALL good business to customer communication should CONVEY.
You're a smart guy, I find it amazing that you don't the difference and my point. Again, I'm not saying Adire's done anything horrible. I'm just saying it all could have been executed BETTER.
You also missed my point regarding the need for Dyohn to post. I wasn't saying that YOU should say anything. I wasn't even saying that ANYONE from Adire should post information like that HERE. My point was that if Adire OR its dealers WOULD HAVE conveyed the supply situation clearly and positively, say via a clear, complete, and positive press release on your website and had all your dealers provide a link to it from all of your dealer's websites, THEN there would be no need for anyone to clear things up here. Indeed, any time folks had problems, were confused, or even pissed off, you or anyone else could reply with. "Dear _: We appreciate your interest in our products and value your business. Adire is in the process of making a change. Please read the press release LINK, and don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions. Please understand that we can't share any more information about the upcoming products, other than what is contained in the release. I can be reached via this board or via e-mail. Thanks again for your interest."
Hey, I'm not here to argue though. Again, I was just trying to point out ways you could IMPROVE and BENEFIT given the situation you're in, based on my education and experience.
It is somewhat surprising that you're arguing rather than realizing I'm trying to give some advice. I realize in the process that my advice does pass Adire a small amount of criticism, but that's life. There's always room for improvement.
Who doesn't want honest feedback to learn how to improve?
It half blows my mind. I can't say I've ever seen a business reject constructive feedback. I guess there's a first time for everything.
When I know better would you rather I lie and tell you that all dealer and Adire communication is in tip-top form? Or would you rather I just say quiet and not offer feedback or advice? Or would you like me to kiss Dan's hand because he's the hand that feeds us lowly customers? :-) (that last line was a joke just to lighten the mood a bit)
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
russ lund 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like the company is run by some thin skinned pussies to me.
BigDog
kfr01 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
No. I think Adire an excellent company that produces some of the top products in car and diy audio.
In fact, I would put Adire's drivers at the very top of both of those categories in terms of quality for the price.
Every contact I've personally had with dealers and employees of Adire tells me they are wonderful and smart people.
If anything, they just lack some formal business polish and/or training that can easily be remedied.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  

Don't get me wrong, we do appreciate constructive criticism.  However I'm not sure if you are fully considering the unique business model.  We started as mainly an online-only company and got our popularity from word-of-mouth communication of our customers.  We have a public forum where our customers can come and communicate with us, and we try to help them out as much as we can.  From what I can tell, our public face has always been very positive which is why we gained such popularity.  I hope at least I have never come off as brash or negative in any way. 

Now as for the changes being made and the announcement; we did provide a news release on it (found here: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2004/11/prweb173381.htm) which we posted a link to on the front page of our site when it was released, posted in our forum, and sent out to our dealers (some providing links on their website).  The new information that Dan posted about specifics on the driver lines was just answering the inquiries of those on our public forum.  In hindsight, it might have been better for him to post that information as a new thread stickied and closed for no further comment.  However Dan is the reason for Adire having the notoriety it has online and I fully trust his judgement in how he presents information. 

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  

kfr01, you have this situation nailed.  In my mostly uninvolved view of the subject, I see a car audio manufacturer without available products during the height of their popularity.  That's bad, but what's worse is that the products that they have recently made popular will not be back, at least not exactly as they were.  In most industries, a competitor probably would have seized the opportunity to successfully steal the sales that would have gone to Adire during a crisis like this.  We have yet to see how this lull in product availablity pans out.

Case in point:  Program on TV I regularly watch, "The Apprentice"...this year the program has grown to such popularity that sponsors are begging and bidding to be showcased, where last season they had to be coerced into participation.  Last week Home Depot was showcased with a "clinic" and came out with full commercials during the program with the "clinic of the week".  Granted, this was easy for them to do, whether on short notice or not, but they successfully followed up their airtime with a bid for increased store activity.  This week, Domino's was showcased.  Trump even mentioned on the show that Domino's would now have a meatball-type pizza.  They seemingly didn't have the time to get it done by airtime of this episode, so they advertised their usual fare instead.  But Papa John's jumped all over this opportunity and successfully advertised their "new meatball pizza" on the very same episode of Apprentice that Domino's was supposed to be enjoying the success of.  Papa John's seized the opportunity that Domino's paid for.  Papa John's had a new meatball pizza and Domino's did not.  All it cost Papa John's was the airtime of the commercial and they came out as the pizza you remembered.  I suspect they will show some gain from this jump on their ill-prepared competitor.

Given the short attention span apparent in users of car audio, it wouldn't take a whole lot of effort for a savvy competitor to be successful in taking business away that Adire has built up over the past year.  We just haven't seen it yet.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
Hmm, from an economical sense, Adire Audio made a VERY BIG mistake by cancelling their old line BEFORE releasing their new line!
May I ask why they decided to do it that way?
I mean, it would make WAY more sense to continue supplying their old line and then gradually phase out the old line and bring in the new line.
Thoughts?
kfr01 
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
Steven:
I fully understand the business model. Polished and positive business communication can always be achieved, encouraged, and improved by every employee, dealer, and affiliate. Always. This is true regardless of the market served and is especially critical when you have a supply problem.
Dan's PR release regards the Chili factory and business. It does not directly address any of the issues customers are confused or agitated about. (or Adire directly for that matter)
There is still currently no way for customers to quickly and easily learn about the situation in a clear and positive manner without searching out some forum. The sticky that is available is commanding and brash. Optimal?
Steven, I have no doubts Dan is a very capable business person and a brilliant engineer. His prowess in these areas is proven. Dan's skills are obviously polished. However, everyone can get spread too thin from time to time, and communication quality is often the first to fail.
My comments are also directed to the dealers, however. My guess is that at least some of them lack this polish and training. This situation increases the potential value of Adire establishing leadership in the situation to help coach the dealers.
You're right, I think Adire's public face has helped you gain popularity. I think it would be wise to help mitigate some popularity loss you are experiencing during your supply gap by improving the public communication even more.
Constant improvement can only help any business.
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  

I don't see any benifit in keeping this going any further.  So I will just make a few points and then let it die.  I work for Adire and know all the details about this move.  Our actions may not make sense to you, but you are seeing the situation without having all the facts.   To use a title of an album by one of my favorite bands; you guys have a microscopic view of a telescopic realm.  Just have faith that our decisions are in the best interest of the company.  And please don't chastize us when you don't know what's going on.  We did not get to where we are by making "big mistakes".  So maybe there are other reasons behind our decisions. For Adire fans - Page 3 -- posted image.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic