icon

Stroker or W7?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I know there have been alot written on these. But give me the bottom line.
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
Bottom line: listen to them both with the same amp you plan to use and decide which you like the best.   They sound very different.
Support the12volt.com
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
Stroker
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
I would say the Stroker too.
'85 Toy
5150azn 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
What I gather is Stroker poor sound quality and w7 better sound quality. I owned a 10 W7 with a 500.1 and was totally blown away. Great amp! I'm looking for the deep deep bass that will shake stuff and not just be loud. Also I plan on getting just one. And what size should I get for maximum out put?
Since I've had the W7 Already I'm kind of looking for an excuse to get a Stroker. Or someone to blame for getting a stroker lol
thx guys
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  

Well, if you are looking to shake stuff, a Stroker will do that, but in terms of sound quality, They sound half descent when in the proper enclosure, but not well enough for my personal liking. In a few months, Cerwin-Vega is introducing the Stroker Pro, IMO, alot better sub. As we have had the privilage to aquire one at CES this year, before they are actually out on the market. Very impressive improvement, SQ is phenominally greater than the original Stroker. The drawback on that is the Stroker Pro has a retail sticker of $1700, I believe, or in the general area.

While the W7 is supposed to be equivalent with the original Stroker, I have heard only one setup to base my opinion on, though it was same vehicle same amplifier, so that stands for comparing power differences, acoustic property differences, etc. While I was not impressed with the W7 as all the hype that went with the sub, I found that the Stroker outperformed the W7, spl wise. SQ wise, there was no comparison, the W7 blew the Stroker out of the water.

So in the end, it's what you want and not others opinions. I hope I have given an informative opinion based on my personal accounts, while being a Cerwin-Vega dealer, I am giving an opinion based on a neutral point of view, as I don't prefer either sub over the other.

5150azn 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2005 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
I wasn't happy with the sound quality of the W7 anyway. The higher frequencies were nonexistant while the lows were crazy loud. If the Stroker can give me more on the low end I guess I'll go for it.
Thanks Chad
Are do the new strokers look like to old ones?
Drewt 
Copper - Posts: 183
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2005 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
ah...it's a subwoofer....the high frequencies are not supposed to be there. That's what your door speakers are for.....
-Drew
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2005 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
If you weren't happy with the SQ of the W7, then good luck finding a speaker that you are happy with.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2005 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
Chad7n7 wrote:

While the W7 is supposed to be equivalent with the original Stroker, I have heard only one setup to base my opinion on, though it was same vehicle same amplifier, so that stands for comparing power differences, acoustic property differences, etc. While I was not impressed with the W7 as all the hype that went with the sub, I found that the Stroker outperformed the W7, spl wise. SQ wise, there was no comparison, the W7 blew the Stroker out of the water.

So in the end, it's what you want and not others opinions. I hope I have given an informative opinion based on my personal accounts, while being a Cerwin-Vega dealer, I am giving an opinion based on a neutral point of view, as I don't prefer either sub over the other.

Alright, from a neutral point of vew..that was hilarious. The Stroker and W7 are two totally DIFFERENT subs. The Stroker is a low excursion SPL sub while the W7 is a high excursion SQ sub. IF the W7's SQ did not impress you, then perhaps you didnt have it in the proper enclosure?

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic