icon

Stroker or W7?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2005 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
I dont get why that was so funny to you. He said he was being nutreal, he said that in spl the stroker was a fairly clear winner, which I agree with, and he said that for sq the W7 was a winner, which I also agree with. Whether its a high excursion sub or not really has nothing to do with this. Also it wasnt his choice to compare these subs, he just answered the question. So like I said I dont see whats funny, or mabye I just missed the joke completly.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2005 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  

"While the W7 is supposed to be equivalent with the original Stroker"

That was funny.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  
I guess it was because I built the recommended ported box. But yeah I think Chad answered my question pretty well. So for SPL Stroker all the way huh?
Ok I hope you guys are still reading this thread but I just called one of my good friends and he can hook me up with the Kicker L7 or L5's for like 50 bucks.... I'm willing to spend the money for a stroker or a w7. but with that money I'll be able to buy a nation of L7's.
Input plz!
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
Drewt 
Copper - Posts: 183
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  
L7's are good if you want crazy loud bass and don't give a rip about SQ. If that's the case (which it is fine if it is, just depends on taste), then go for (well, look at) the L7's. I'd try to listen to both if you can.
-Drew
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
audiobass10 wrote:
Chad7n7 wrote:

While the W7 is supposed to be equivalent with the original Stroker, I have heard only one setup to base my opinion on, though it was same vehicle same amplifier, so that stands for comparing power differences, acoustic property differences, etc. While I was not impressed with the W7 as all the hype that went with the sub, I found that the Stroker outperformed the W7, spl wise. SQ wise, there was no comparison, the W7 blew the Stroker out of the water.

So in the end, it's what you want and not others opinions. I hope I have given an informative opinion based on my personal accounts, while being a Cerwin-Vega dealer, I am giving an opinion based on a neutral point of view, as I don't prefer either sub over the other.

Alright, from a neutral point of vew..that was hilarious. The Stroker and W7 are two totally DIFFERENT subs. The Stroker is a low excursion SPL sub while the W7 is a high excursion SQ sub. IF the W7's SQ did not impress you, then perhaps you didnt have it in the proper enclosure?

What's funny is someone trying to discredit an opinion without doing research and looking from one side of the fence, and with no solid grounds.

Low excursion???? I don't think so. And just to give you some info on the Stroker, as you clearly have the wrong information.

Cerwin Vega Stroker

So my advise is the next time you try to discredit someone on a post, please get your research straight.

Chad7n7 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  

And to answer your earlier question about the Stroker Pro, here is the info on it 5150azn,

Cerwin Vega Stroker Pro

As to availability, I am not sure of any specific dates, all I know is later on this year.

audiobass10 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
Chad7n7 wrote:
[QUOTE=audiobass10][QUOTE=Chad7n7]

Low excursion???? I don't think so. And just to give you some info on the Stroker, as you clearly have the wrong information.

Cerwin Vega Stroker

So my advise is the next time you try to discredit someone on a post, please get your research straight.

Low Excursion? Um, yea.. The Strokes have rougly 11mm of xmax if i'm not mistaken. You can look it up if you'd like. It's obvious you're terribley misinformed which is why I "discredited" your post. It was never designed to be anything comparable to the W7.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Chad7n7 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2005 at 4:21 AM / IP Logged  

um....no, if you would take the time to read the information that I have provided YOU with, you will clearly see that you WERE mistaken, CV Stroker 15 xmax is 25mm, while the 13w7 is 32mm.Both considered high excursion subs.

The CV Strokers have been out for several years now, where as the W7 have been out for what....2-3 years. In no way did I suggest that the Strokers were designed to be comparible to the W7, as that would be impossible since they have been out longer. And comparison basis came from the fact that both subs are high excursion subs, while JL renouns the W7 a SQL sub, and Cerwin Vega marketss as purely a SPL sub.

Misinformed....no. This will be the last post I make in regards to this thread, as I have provided sufficient information to back up what I have stated in previous posts with manufacturers specification sheets, you have literally taken what I have said and disected and twisted it in an attempt to back out of the hole you have dug trying to discredit my OPINION.  As it is non sense to beat on a dead horse.

And in the end, what is HILARIOUS is the IGNORANCE that has been presented in this thread that started off as a simple comparison of two COMPARIBLE subs, while being a Cerwin Vega dealer, I tried to reply from a neutral point of view, as trying not to push a product, simply trying to help the original poster have an idea of the DIFFERENCES of the two.

audiobass10 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2005 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  

"While the W7 is supposed to be equivalent with the original Stroker"

"In no way did I suggest that the Strokers were designed to be comparible to the W7"

Nuff said. This wasn't really an argument until someone was offended that I disagreed.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
Still, i think the STROKER sounds relatively good for the SPL it puts out. Sure it don't beat the W7 in SQ, but it can get loud and still sound great. It can get a lot louder though than the W7. I would go Stroker because they are more reliable in my opinion, and they have been out on the market longer and have developed a good reputation.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic