icon

Stroker or W7?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  

Let's get to the point here though. Strokers are not comparable to W7's in any way other than they both can get loud in different situations. W7's will kill the stroke down low for sure, however the Stokers do high tunes very well. Sorry to say that they dont move 25 mm however. Talk to someone who's actually used them in installs..they move around 11mm before making noise, which is NOT xmax. Just because they're listed at 25 mm doesnt mean it happens. If you want a great SQ sub that gets real low, go with the W7. If you want a great SPL sub, go with the Stroker. Hope my post didnt hurt anyones feelings heh....

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
audiobass10 wrote:

"While the W7 is supposed to be equivalent with the original Stroker"

"In no way did I suggest that the Strokers were designed to be comparible to the W7"

Nuff said. This wasn't really an argument until someone was offended that I disagreed.

In regards to your pissing match with Chad7n7, you lose. YOU were the one who said the Stroker was made to be comparable to the W7, not him (Chad7n7 actually has it the other way around. Although I don't totally agree with his statement, I won't argue it at this time). Chad7n7 correctly states that the Stroker has been around quite a bit longer than the W7, therefore it could not be made to be comparable to the W7 based on this point of reference.

Something that hasn't really been touched on yet is the cost difference. Everyone complains that the W7 costs so much compared to other subs of equal/"greater" quality. The Strokers, unless they have come way down in price, will cost even more than the W7's, almost 2 times more in fact. So I would take that into consideration as well when deciding which sub the original poster goes with...

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
Master Asylum 
Silver - Posts: 400
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
Got the priviledge of finally hearing some good quality JL products to see this hype of the beast company... I heard the W7 12", and wow... I was VERY impressed with the quality I heard in it. Infact, unless I happen to get access to a lot of other equipment, it is probably gonna be looking towards a JL Audio system. Right now mine bangs harder than hell, need another car that doesn't hit as hard but hits much more beautifully, and I'd definitely want that.
1998 Monte Carlo w/
Eclipse CD8454
2xRockford 5.25" Power 2-way T152C
2xRockford 6"x9" Punch 3-way FRC4369
1xMemphis 16-MCH1300 5-channel
2xKicker 12" L5 Solobaric-2 Ohm
audiobass10 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
Paridigm, when did I ever say they were comparable? Find it in my post and paste it...I would never say that.
Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
I don't get it I always thought the strokers were supposed to go lower. It sucks cause like I said I had a 10W7 with the 500.1 and payed like $500 or 600 bucks for both. Then pretty much gave them away. And now I hear they're the best you can get jeesh!
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
Paradigm 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
audiobass10 wrote:
Chad7n7 wrote:
[QUOTE=audiobass10][QUOTE=Chad7n7]

Low excursion???? I don't think so. And just to give you some info on the Stroker, as you clearly have the wrong information.

Cerwin Vega Stroker

So my advise is the next time you try to discredit someone on a post, please get your research straight.

Low Excursion? Um, yea.. The Strokes have rougly 11mm of xmax if i'm not mistaken. You can look it up if you'd like. It's obvious you're terribley misinformed which is why I "discredited" your post. It was never designed to be anything comparable to the W7.

That's what you said. And Chad7n7 never said anything about the Stroker being comparable to the W7. Rather, he phrased it the other way around. So I misread what you posted, as did you with what Chad7n7 said. Guess we're both wrong, eh? Stroker or W7? - Page 3 -- posted image.

Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
audiobass10 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  

Well, I did say something wrong. What I should have said was the W7 was never designed to be comparible to the Stroker, since the Stroker came out first. The only wrong thing i saw in his post which i DID argue was that the was that the W7 was supposed to be equivalent to the original stroker, which it wasn't. Wish there was a JL rep on this board..that would clear things up a bit.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Paradigm 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
audiobass10 wrote:

Well, I did say something wrong. What I should have said was the W7 was never designed to be comparible to the Stroker, since the Stroker came out first. The only wrong thing i saw in his post which i DID argue was that the was that the W7 was supposed to be equivalent to the original stroker, which it wasn't. Wish there was a JL rep on this board..that would clear things up a bit.

I would agree with you there on what you have said. Never hurts to clear things up Stroker or W7? - Page 3 -- posted image.

Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
audiobass10 
Silver spacespace