icon

Pro install - I don't think so?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tenny 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 6:17 AM / IP Logged  

It's designed to run off all 4 channels and the instructions say to do it that way for a reeason. They didnt just decide while writing the manual to get people to run wires from the speakers to for the hell of it!

your only inputing 1/4 of the power to the sub that you could be inputing to it.

soundmasta 
Silver - Posts: 246
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 7:35 AM / IP Logged  
1/4 of the signal.
Moseng 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  
Yep! 1/4 of the signal sounds right. And since my factory deck only has speaker level outputs, it would make sense to me (and please correct me if I'm wrong) that if you don't hook the amp up to ALL of those outputs, you are not getting the full benefit. Yes?
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah when hooking up the bass link you have to supply signal to all the channels I don't even think it matters if you grab the front speaker leads. But you definately need more than 1 channel. After you do that it will sound tramendously better. Those little buggers never cease to astound me.
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
tenny 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  

the signal carries a voltage though and the amp is designed to get it from all 4 probably because factory decks do not put out much power.

maybe i'm just crazy but I always hook it up the way it is designed to be.

either that or those buggers at infinity thought it would be funny to make everyone run wires from the front of the car for nothing, that must be it.

i'd be going back and telling them to do it the RIGHT was as recommend by the manufacture.

5150azn 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
We always sold rca's with our basslinks. However only 2 channel and that sucker still sounded mad loud. When hooking up 2 channels it was louder than 1 channel so I can only wonder what would happen if you hook up 4.
Moseng 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 1:30 PM / IP Logged  
5150azn,
If I understand correctly, you would suggest that the Basslink at least be hooked into two channels (the left and right speakers?) and to get the best sound probably all four speakers?
What do you mean by using rca's though? Do you mean hooking the rcas up to the amp of the Basslink, and then connecting (splicing in) them to the speaker level outs of the deck? remeber my deck has no rca outs on it.
5150azn 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I'm saying you probably don't have to bother with hooking up the front channels to the basslink. If you do the left and right rears that should be enough. You might even run the other 2 channels parallel or something and see if that makes a differance.
But the rca's were used when the radio had rca outputs. Don't splice the rca's
Bottom line is you need more than 1 channel input.
Moseng 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all your help guys! I'm going to take it back and have them connect ALL four speakers to the Basslink amp (just like it says in the directions! <G> That way I "should" be able to control the bass better.
Again, you guys rock.. and thanks for the help! I probably won't be able to get to this until next week but i'll absolutely let you all know how this turns out.
Moseng 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
Just thought I'd share the response from Infinity.
"The Basslink should have a stereo input, not just one channel.
If your head unit does not have RCA line outputs, then the speaker
connectors must be used and all four should be used if you have front
and rear speaker applications with a fader. The speaker level
connections should not be connected using an RCA jack. This is only for
line level connections."
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic