icon

which 12 sub for 1,000 watt amp?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ocuriel 
Copper - Posts: 141
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
wzup guys. I have a phoenix gold TI 1,000 watt amp that does 1,176 watts @ 4 ohms bridged.   I'm looking for a 10" OR 12" sub that has very good sound quality & punchy bass. Here is my list of choices so far.
ID MAX, RE XXX, & BRAHMA (IF I CAN GET ONE).
WHAT DO YOU GUYS RECCOMEND WITH THIS KIND OF POWER?
THANKS
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
Any of those are fine choices.  Also Acendent's Atlas, Eclipse Titanium, JL W7, Phoenix Gold Titanium Elite, JBL GTi, and more.  Lots of nice woofers in this category.  Go listen to them and see which you like the best.
Support the12volt.com
Ocuriel 
Copper - Posts: 141
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
A phoenic gold elite sub will go nicely with my titanium amps. How do they sound? I've never had the pleasure of listening to one. better then eclipse titanium?
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
Jury is still out on that one. I'm working on a system with Eclipse titaniums right now.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
Speaking from experience, the Ti12 is a bad mammajamma! They are fast, very tight, and will handle sh*tgobs of power. I am using the DA7232 on ONE of them, and that thing never even THINKS about complaining. One cubic foot sealed, brace the hell out of it, and go for it!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
gumbi_12 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2005 at 6:56 AM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
handle sh*tgobs of power.

Is that more or less than a sh*tload.  I can see that being the new marketing slogan for Sony.. "can handle sh*tgobs of power" and then break right after.which 12 sub for 1,000 watt amp? -- posted image.

Forgive my finding everything funny.  Im at work and came in on no sleep

armyranger 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2005 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  
 if you want something that will handle some real power check out a cadence beast ive done some installs recently and now i cant get enough of them they are rated at 1200 rms but can handle a 4000w burp with no problem
live like theres no tomarrow because today may be your last.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2005 at 7:20 AM / IP Logged  
gumbi_12 wrote:

Is that more or less than a sh*tload.  I can see that being the new marketing slogan for Sony.. "can handle sh*tgobs of power" and then break right after.which 12 sub for 1,000 watt amp? -- posted image.

The way I have heard it described is is just short of a metric @$$ ton, which is roughly equivalent to 4 buttloads, but still short of an imperial long butt ton.
amyranger... Is that all? The Eclipse Ti12 is RATED 1500 watts, and I am running 3kW to it all day long... which 12 sub for 1,000 watt amp? -- posted image.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2005 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged  
the cadence wild beast 12 will handle 5000 watts burp power (3 sec). i know thats not what your going for but they are constructed good and IMO SQ is great.
armyranger 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 2:44 AM / IP Logged  
haemphyst wrote:
gumbi_12 wrote:

The way I have heard it described is is just short of a metric @$$ ton, which is roughly equivalent to 4 buttloads, but still short of an imperial long butt ton.
amyranger... Is that all? The Eclipse Ti12 is RATED 1500 watts, and I am running 3kW to it all day long... which 12 sub for 1,000 watt amp? -- posted image.
live like theres no tomarrow because today may be your last.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic