icon

which 12 sub for 1,000 watt amp?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 2:49 AM / IP Logged  
I would go with a rockford t2 in a ported enclosure that amp will run it at its rms and pound the hell out of you. I do like the eclips but don't get the spl that the t2 does nor the jl w7,
armyranger 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 2:53 AM / IP Logged  
 sorry screwed up the beast master is 5000w but isnt made for extended play it is an extreme spl sub . as for the the beasts they are rated at 1200 but i did an install with 4 15" beast and 8 cadence zr8s (2 per sub) thats 3000 apiece also and all they do is beg for more and to top it off if you can find somewhere to buy them they dont break the bank 
live like theres no tomarrow because today may be your last.
Ocuriel 
Copper - Posts: 141
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the replies. The sub i'm leaning towards is the image dynamics max sub. I hear it's almost as good as the jl w7, but much cheaper. what do you guys think of the id max?
Ocuriel 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2005 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
anyone?
I have 2 subs in focus. xxx 12" or 12 id max. with 1,146 rms watts, which would be the better choice in regards to sound quality? rms wattage was verified through the amp's birthsheet.
thanks
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 4:17 AM / IP Logged  
I'm just throwing this out there even though its probably not at all what you want to hear...
With woofers of that quality, and the fact that you are posting here, pretty much indicates that either way it will make you really really..   excited. I promise you won't really like one of those woofers over the other. Its like asking "What is faster, an RX-8 or a 350Z?" Quantifiable differences abound, but the subjective experience really won't be all that different.
But if you REALLY want an opinion...
Looking at the specs.. I like RE a bit more.. i like the higher XMAX, (which is usually a real good sign of linearity) and power handling... not to mention one hell of a classy design. Get the RE man, then post a pick of ur install.
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
Ocuriel 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks sedate.
Ocuriel 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  
sound splinter is in focus too. hear very good things about those subs. anyone have any experience with this subs?
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2005 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged  
No get the RE thats easily the nicest sub you've put up here.
1100 watts will run anything get the RE.
"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
overworked2 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2005 at 7:36 AM / IP Logged  
Lets think about it another way as well, how much difference is there between 3Kwatts and 4Kwatts? Not much, and none that you will hear! also bear in mind that there isn't many occasions that you will actually hit that power level. How often do you drive around with the volume set at MAX and delivering signals around the 20~50Hz range? not often....I personally couldn't stand it, my roof vibrates too much. which 12 sub for 1,000 watt amp? - Page 2 -- posted image.
Check all advice given with a meter
Ocuriel 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2005 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
sound splinter rl-p 12' go for $215.00 each if bought in pairs & i hear they compete well with the xxx. not louder then the xxx but get pretty loud & low with good sound quality. i can get to rl-p's for almost the price of one xxx. check them out at www.soundsplinter.com.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic