icon

96 Renault clio, stereo, speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
racer427 
Silver - Posts: 381
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2005 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  

Does your friend know how to customize door panels? If so, he maybe able to set you up with a decent front channel.

Chris

Alpine CDA-9833 HU
Diamond Audio M661 Components
MTX Thunder T6.6 Components:rear fill:
Cadence Q400 4 Channel Mains + rears
Thunder 801D Subs
MTX 1004 10's
Dual 4g wire to rear
4g grounds
luan 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2005 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  
i have posted a topic on this before, i have still not come to a decision, i need some further advice. so far i have:
renault clio 1.2 (96 model)
a sony explod s2200 MPOutput = 50W X4 (at 4 ohms)
Sony xplod speakers 10cm 3 way. 120w peak power. 25w rated power
(maybe someone can explain what this means exactly)
i wasnt sure what speakers to get, i thought that to save time and work i could just instal thoughs 4inch speakers to replace the factory speakers, they are located under the fans (no room for larger ones).
so after i had intalled them, i was dissapointed, i wasnt sure what to exspect really, i hadn't even tested the speakers out in the shop. Now i am thinking of 2 different things to do next to improve the sound.
idea 1:
get some 6x9 and instal them in the back parcel shelf
idea 2:
get another pair of speakers more powerful, (with lower frequency responce) and instal them in the fornt doors, so i will have 2 sets of speakers in the front. leaving the back empty until i can afford sub and amp.
i am being told to go with idea 1, but then someone else will say "nah mate.. get better speakers up front"... please advis
boricuaso 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2005 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  

well, 3 way speaker means there is a tweter a midrange and a middbass speaker in one speaker area. the power rating that realy matters on those is the 25w rms, thats probably what your head unit is rated too + or - some whats so you should be allright when it come to matching the power ratings,

if your looking for a quality sound, build your front stage first, and dont worry about the rear, do the rear later just to fill in the sound.

go with quality speakers youll hear the difrence, sonys are ok, but i dont like them. they dont seem like they are balanced enough for me.

you could always go with component speaker they usualy sound way better,

luan 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2005 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
i have decided to take the advice on upgrading the front
my final question for this topic is:
with the 4x50w output from my HU can i have 4 speakers in the front and 2 in the back? is this possible? i ask because it would be a shame to take out the factory replacement 4inch speakers. if i cant then i will simply uninstall the 4inch speakers and put some quality speakers into the door panels
thanks to everyone for your help
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic