icon

Soundgate product availability

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
808vip 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2005 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged  
It's been over 6 months and I'm still waiting for my install to be completed. One hurdle I'm facing is having the OnStar on my 2005 Hummer to work properly. I was told in October that Soundgate was shipping the Digistar-X , which was to be compatible with my make, model and year. It's April and I was told that it hasn't shipped.
Does anyone in the "know" have any solid answers for me.
Lthlquicksilver 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 2:52 AM / IP Logged  

According to Soundgate, the product is already shipped and if my shop were to order it, I would recieve it in about a week.  Maybe your shop is just not getting it?

Or maybe Soundgate is lying to me.  Who knows but according to them I can get it now for 131.95

808vip 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
Lthlquicksliver,
I talked to my installer yesterday and he said the distributer in Hawaii told him that it has been backordered for months.
If you do order one please let me know if you get yours in.
Thanks,
808vip
Lthlquicksilver 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  
I can order with no money down so I'll do so just for kicks.  I'll let you know if it shows and if it does, I don't have any problem shipping it to you (given you pay the shipping and the 131.95 + tax).  I'll keep you informed.
Muscle Cars Don't Just Look Good, But They Can Sound Good Too...
1971 Chevelle SS
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2005 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
The Digistar-X was shipping but has been on backorder for several months. They are waiting on the parts to finish having them built. I talked to a tech today there and he said they are hoping the parts will be in Friday but at this time they cannot give an actual ETA, he said they are at the mercy of the vendor that they get the parts from.
Jazzy
808vip 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2005 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
thanks guys...
thanks lthlquicksilver.. i was told it was included in the price of my install so don't order it unless you really need to.. thanks again...
thanks Jazzy..if any of you ever get your hands on one for a 2005 H2 install let me know how it goes... thanks again
deviousjoker 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2005 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
why not just buy the pac interface.  it does onstar and bose.
First Class MECP Installer
808vip 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2005 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
i've heard that the install wasn't as good(2-piece design), it wasn't as reliable as the SG, that you have to unplug it every time you take it to the dealer, and they (PAC) also told me they didn't know if their interface was compatible with my year ... that's what i was told at the time when i was shopping around.. Have you ever installed one in a 2005 H2? If so did any problems arise that you know of? What model name/number did you use for your install?
Thanks
808vip 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2005 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
my installers are doing a 2005 Corvette and they're gonna go with PAC for the install.. if it goes good were gonna swap the Soundgate for the PAC for my ride
davedyer79 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2005 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
PAC all the way.  PAC comes in two pieces, one for Class II data and onstar (with or w/o Bose) and the other module for the chime.  If you don't want the chime, don't use it.  I doesn't effect anything.  I have a 04 H2 and an 04 Chevy Z71 tahoe.  Used PAC on my H2 and Soundgate on Z71.  I couldn't get the onstar to come on with the Soundgate or the chime.  Went and got the same PAC module and works great.  I thing PAC is far superior to Soundgate.  Remember, if you are using a multi-component amp on any Bose system, you MUST have an external speaker attached for the ONstar voice to come in.  I have found that a hand free cell phone kit speaker works great for this.  Easy to attach, hide and very loud.  Good luck with the install, and go with PAC!
davedyer79
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic