icon

Soundgate product availability

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2005 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
If you couldnt get the SoundGate piece to reproduce OnStar or the chimes you either had the wrong SoundGate piece, or did not have it installed correctly. The SoundGate peices are easier to install and are cheaper, one piece does it all. We use SoundGate OnStar pieces all the time, and have not had any fail if they are installed the right way, and using the right piece. I am not saying that SoundGate is better than PAC and go with SoundGate, we don't need any wars brewing up here, just putting in my 2 cents.
Jazzy
808vip 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2005 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
davedyer79,
have you used PAC in any 2005 installs?.. i contacted both PAC & SoundGate and they both told me the electronics were different than previous models.. i don't know if they're just blowin' smoke up my ***.. but if you've done a 2005 H2 install successfully could i get the model # or part name... Thanks dude i really appreciate the input
deviousjoker 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2005 at 7:50 AM / IP Logged  
I did a kenwood video unit in a 04 H2.  I don't know if there would be any difference between an 04 and 05.
First Class MECP Installer
808vip 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2005 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
good news:Just got a call from my installer and he told me he finally has my Digistar-X..
bad news: my Eclipse H/U had to be sent back for some warranty work because the Video 1 output was malfunctioning ..
808vip 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2005 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
situation update
Called my installer on Fri. (5/27/05) and he told me that my h/u came back from Eclipse.. when i asked him how the Corvette install went he said that it was too quiet to hear the OnStar.. but Fri he told me he wants to use the PAC interfaces??? ... i need to call him today because i've got more questions.
jstruckman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
You should have your installer call SoundGate for tech help. The Digistar-X has a gain control in it for OnStar volume. SoundGate also said they are expecting more Digistar-X's in later this week and all backorders should be filled.
Jazzy
808vip 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
my install has hit another snag.. i'm being told that the Digitstar-X will not work properly with my steering wheel controller and that it doesn't work with my Eclipse AVX2404..
thanks for the help Jazzy, my installer said he'll call them when he goes in today.
jstruckman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
The Digistar-X does not do steering wheel controls, it is an OnStar and BOSE amp retention interface. You will need another interface to retain steering wheel controls.
Jazzy
808vip 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
he thinks it's interfering with the signal from the SW interface.. i don't think he wants to remount the SWI because he fabricated the "eye" into the console..
jstruckman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
ah, i see. You have the PAC SW interface in there. Yeah, the Digistar and the PAC SWI do not like each other. I bet your chimes are not shutting off. That happens alot when those two pieces are installed in the same vehicle.
Jazzy
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic