the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Clarification on wire voltage

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 28, 2005 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
Depends on how NOISY U want it............Some nieghborhoods U only hear Siren..........Y not be different?
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
arp35 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2005 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
One more quick question...  The green wire for accessory #1, the only green wire in the ignition bundle is like 12 or 14 guage thick.  I used a DMM on it and it seems correct.  I just want to insure this is the correct "green" wire.  Any help is appreciated.  My alarm system arrives today so I'll be installing it tonight.
Alan
arp35 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2005 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  
Good news...sort of.  I installed the crimestopper 2016FM last night and programmed it this morning.  I am having two small Hopefully correctable issues.  For future references- I wired the parking lights with a 330 ohm resistor.  The wiring diagram said use either a 330 or 1400 ohm resistor.  I chose the 330 which isn't working.  The parking lights are not flashing and I noticed that when I disarm the system and open the door, the dash lights are on and the key in the ignition sound is beeping.  I'm hoping after re-wiring the parking lights with a 1400 ohm resister it will work correctly.  The second issue I am having is with the LCD paging remote.  It is only working about 20% of the time.  The extra sidekick (non-paging) remote works fine so I am thinking the LCD remote is bad.  I'm am going to work with it some more before I try to exchange it.  Other than that the remote start and alarm system is working great.  If anyone thinks that the 1400 ohm resistor will not fix the parking light issue then please let me know.  Also...thanks 12volt members for helping with my questions.
Alan
arp35 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
Well I gave up on the resistor's at the headlight switch.  I couldn't get it to work properly.   So I went with a 12 volt + signal and ran a wire directly to the parking lights + wire under the hood.  It was much easier and took less than 10 minutes to get it hooked up.  I also fixed the LCD remote.  I bravely took it apart and straightened out the spring antenna.  I also tried it outside of the case and it worked great.  So I figured the plastic case was causing it to work erratically.  Anyway once I carefully put it back into the plastic case and closed it up...it works perfect.  I'm getting like 3000 feet range.  I suspect the remotes case was either pinching the circuit board or the wire antenna was grounding out.  Anyone know?  I'm just happy to get everything working.  Also just FYI, crimestoppers tech support was easy to get ahold of and talk to.  They were going to replace it for me but I really didn't want to send it in.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is now Ok.
Alan
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic