icon

Box making experts!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Blackiewrx 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2005 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
Hello i need help designing a simple ported box for two audiobahn Flame compresion 12'' subs model AW1208T  here is the link to their theil small perameters.  http://www.audiobahninc.com/frame2004.html  Thanks for your time!  I just need internal airspace and port size. thanks.
03 wrx stage 4
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 14, 2005 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  

Not making any promises to you here, because...as Yoda would say, "Simple, this is not!"  But you will have to give up a little bit more info in order for someone to give you a hand, such as:

• How much total space do you have available, what is the vehicle, where is the enclosure going to be....things of that nature.
  • How much power will be going to the pair of subs, and
  • how will you have the sub pair wired, to what final impedance?
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Blackiewrx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2005 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  

I just need to know the internal air space and the length and size opening of the port. I can do all the rest of the calculations myself. I used to use this box making program at my work but i dont have access to that anymore.

03 wrx stage 4
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 14, 2005 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  

You misunderstand what I asked.  Can you, for example, fit a 9 cubic foot enclosure?  Do you like a lot of boom? or heavy on the bass?  Or are you confined to use as small a volume as possible?

There are a lot of ways to design an enclosure and one has to know these things.  Here is a link to WinISD Pro that you can load up in the computer that you are using, and you can figure up a good design with it.

http://www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx?pageid=winisdpro

Blackiewrx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2005 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
Ok i see, im sorry. its for the back of a new celica i got around 41 inches wide and i cant go any taller than 15 inches, the depth is whatever i needs it to be, i would like the box to be tuned for a lots of boomy bass but still sound ok with music, its for like a 18 year old bass head.  thanks.!!
03 wrx stage 4
Blackiewrx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2005 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
i have that program and it said that i needed only 1.03 internal ft3 and the port was 4 inch diameter and 36.5 inches long.  Im not to familiar with that program and these calculations just dont seem right to me.  Can you check and see what you come up with? i must be doing somthing wrong.
03 wrx stage 4
Blackiewrx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2005 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
Im trying to figure specs on a ported box for two audiobahn AW1208T 12''s . I dont think im using winisd pro correctly though because i get these specs  ( 1.037 ft^3 internal volume and a port with a 4 inch opening and 36.5 inches long) this doesnt seem right to me though.  what am i doing wrong?
03 wrx stage 4
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2005 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  

Why have you not looked on Audiobahn's website.....

They show a box volume of 3.5 cubic feet (internal) with two 4" ports 13" long, so a box size of 7 cubic foot overall internal volume. BIG BAD BOOMIN BOX fo sho.

Should thump hella hard for the 18 year old basshead.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Blackiewrx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2005 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
forbidden wrote:

Why have you not looked on Audiobahn's website.....

They show a box volume of 3.5 cubic feet (internal) with two 4" ports 13" long, so a box size of 7 cubic foot overall internal volume. BIG BAD BOOMIN BOX fo sho.

Should thump hella hard for the 18 year old basshead.

Is that all you do is just double the given spec for the one sub if your building a box for two? if they ask for 3.5 cubic feet i just double that if im doing two? what about the port do i just double the size of the opening and leave the length the same? I didnt think it was ok to do this?????

03 wrx stage 4
shawn62 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2005 at 3:12 AM / IP Logged  
I would also agree with forbidden on this one
offtopic here but forbidden you wouldnt happen to be from courtenay B.C. and own forbidden audio would you?
if you are then this is a small world cause I also live in courtenay
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic