icon

1996 monte carlo, alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jonchos 
Copper - Posts: 256
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  

I was hopping someone had installed or worked on a 1996 chevrolet monte carlo before and knows where is the best part in the firewall to run all of your wires through(security and stereo power)? thank you very much.

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
like any vehicle, regardless of model, manufacturer or year, examine all available boots and grommets for room to snake wires.... if there just isnt any room then you may have to drill a hole thru the firewall, but MOST vehicles have room to at least run security/starter wiring through an existing hole.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of loks does the 96 chevrolet monte carlo have? type A,B or C? Thank you.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
Pos, trigger... blue=lock, white=unlock. Drivers kick
jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing a clifford matrix 1 in a 1996 chevrolet monte carlo. I have everything hooked up, except for the domelight supervision, parking lights, and door triger. I canot find them. I know that they are supposed to be in the headlight switch but i can not get the headlight switch out to get to the wires. someone any help please!! very frustating. Also the trunk pin wire is red and white and it's supposed to be located at the trunk switch, is there any other place where I can find this one? o do I need to run the trigger wire all the way into the trunk? thank you.
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
DOOR TRIGGER|blue               |- |headlight switch *1        |
| DOME SUPERVISION|use door trigger    |   |                            |
*1 Also found low in the drivers kick panel.
dome supervison needs a relay.
TRUNK/HATCH PIN|RED / black           |- |trunk light or switch *2    
*2 Only found on some models. A pinswitch must be added on all others.
jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you. how would i connect the relay for the domelight suppervision? I found the trunk swith and I installed the accseory wire, but in order to install the alarm trigger I have to connect the RED / black wire to my alarm, I only found it in the trunk, do you know is it is somewhere else?
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2005 at 3:56 AM / IP Logged  
get the colour at the boot and i usually get them at the Drivers kick board or passanger you should be able to see which side its running down
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2005 at 6:13 AM / IP Logged  
for the trunk you may have to take a part soem panels and see were is goes up the right side or left side, if not just run a wire back to it soamtime that is easier to do.
for dome light. look at the relay section on this site its on lthe left hand side. it tell ya.
jonchos 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2005 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
I have installed a Clifford Matrix 1 on a 1996 monte carlo. i want to install a remote start to this alarm, is it possible? I know that the alarm has a programable output but I do not know anything about remote start. any help please? wiring, wich remote start to get, precautions, anything will help. Thank you.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic