icon

97 Dodge Intrepid, CD Player, no dash lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pontiac_lover 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2005 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
My girlfriend has a 1997 Dodge Intrepid and she bought a cheap CD player to put in it and I put it in, well when I went to go get a wiring harness so I dont have to cut wires,  but I would have to order one though the manifacturer. So I decided to install it myself by cutting the wires and wiring everything up my self. Well everything works, except her dash does not light up. And I'm not sure what to do! can someone help me please?
zezebiah 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2005 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  
Check your fuses first of all then come back if that doesnt work
pontiac_lover 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2005 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  
fuses are fine, that wire needs to be hooked up to something but I'm not sure what
zezebiah 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2005 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
Well the stereo could possibly have an Dimmer wire, most likely orange that you might have hooked up to one of the wires in the harness I personally have never worked with any of the older chrysler stuff So i dont know what color wire that would be. But I would check there first? Anyone else feel free to chime in here 97 Dodge Intrepid, CD Player, no dash lights -- posted image.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2005 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
You mean to say wall mart, and all there stereo shops in your town didn't have a very common wire harness? Thats awkward.  Or did you go to the dealership where they don't carry that kinda thing?
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
pontiac_lover 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2005 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged  
I looked at a few audio shops around here, along with best buy and wal-mart and radio shack, they all said I had to order the harness from the manifacturer
zezebiah 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2005 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged  
Ya i dont know what you have available in your area but any best buy or circuit city should have had that harness.... Isnt normally a big deal, but from what it sounds like it could have been here.
pontiac_lover 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2005 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
Theres one wire that was not hooked up because there was no where to be hooked up, its not orange and I know its a negitive wire
zezebiah 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2005 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
well did you snip the whole harness off? or just the wires needed?
pontiac_lover 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2005 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  
The whole harness
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic