icon

kill switch with auto start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Atl_monte 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
This is for the alarm and electronic GODS!!! I'm hell bent on keeping my car(1988 Monte Carlo SS), but still I know if they want it bad enough they will get it kill switch with auto start -- posted image. ..
I was wondering is there away(where theres a will theres a way kill switch with auto start -- posted image. ) to wire up a kill switch that will prevent my car from being started but will still allow me to still auto start my car(if I ever get the auto start working kill switch with auto start -- posted image. )..I know this is very confusing and will probably be very complex...I want to be stand alone from the alarm(Viper 791XV) but like I said still allow me to auto start it
I also know that 60-80% of the time that when cars are stolen that its normally a friend or somebody close to you, so I'm also trying to figure out a way to activate/deactivate the kill switch as inconspicous as possible(just incase I have a pretender in my mists), but still have it hidden enough that a would be car theif could not find/figure out how to deactivate it.. I had a stand alone passive starter kill
kill switch with auto start -- posted image.
on the Cutlass in my sig but it was a PITA because I had to do it everytime before I started the car and then I show other people, so the could move the car when I wasn't around.
I was thinking about maybe one of the other types of starter kills like
kill switch with auto start -- posted image.
which is cool because you activate it just by snapping off the face, but the prob with that is I maybe switching to a radio without a detach face, and the other problem is the radio has to power on, but I was thinking ther e might be some kind of way to use the wait to start function for a diesel to energize the relay so that I can still use my auto start and still have a super cool and hi-tech kill switch, what do you guys think?
10nesne1 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
if you look at the two relay circuits, don't you see something is wrong with it. you can use one relay to do the job.
have you ever wondering about using your e-brake wire to do the job. the e-brake wiring is negative and wire the coil side with the ignition. just hook up the starter kill relay normally, instead of using the upper diagram.
good luck
Atl_monte 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
that was quite confusing, I'm not using the stock ignition my ignition is like this http://www.msdignition.com/pdf/6%20series/pdf13.pdf
mrfixit2271 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed a Viper in a buddies car and he basically wanted the same thing as you. I found a quick and easy way. You could use the old stye high beam switch. The kind that mounts on the left side floor board near the kick panel. The old style high beam switch will fit under carpet and is hardly noticable. This way nobody will know but you and you can hit it without reaching around for a switch. hope this helps
fjb
moshpitmickey 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  
You can easily hook up a starter kill that will let your remote start as well. Just install the remote start starter wire on the starter side of the kill switch. In other words, the starter kill relay will be between the ignition switch and the wire for the remote start.
moshpitmickey
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2005 at 4:47 AM / IP Logged  
like moshpitmickey said you just have to make the cut nearer the switch...
run the wires through a relay. hide the relay and tape all the wires to make it harder to trace.
all types of switches can be sued to switch the relay. and existing switch in the car. a hidden toggle switch a pressure switch is my favouate. you can put these anywhere. i like putting them under the roof material.you just push a spot on the roof when you wanna start the car. the possibilities are endless and its very cheaply done. and quickly done
Atl_monte 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2005 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
pressure switch in the headliner now thats neat...but still like I was saying I need something indiscreate and doesn't have to be done everytime....but I think I get what moshpitmickey was saying now
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2005 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
a switch hidden would do the trick in that case...

i would go with one of the standard switches..

one car u put a switch in the back ashtray..

the plus side of a switch as that you can have it on all day . and just switch it off at night .

i done a starter kill keypad with four digit code for a friend. he puts it in valet mode all day and only arms it at night.  so only in the morning does he have to key in the code
Montrealler 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2005 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
leave the starter only cut the start wire and start with the remote always. Leave one in the glove box!!!
mrfixit2271 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2005 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
hello hes trying to avoid haveing his car stolen. If you knew anything about car thieves you would know they check the glove compartments for spare keys and with new cars it comes with the aluminum saftey blank. What do you do if the alarm malfuntionss rip apart the dash to reconnect the starter wire????Listen just cut the starter wire before the feed for your auto start. Then connect the push on and push off switch from any radio shack. Hide this switch under the carpet on the drivers side that way when you get in you can push it to engage your ignition switch. I have done this many times with no problems and very happy customers. If you dont tell anyone nobody will ever know. Beware of who is giving you advice.
fjb
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic